Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sentiments Challenge - ABC!!!!

Happy Saturday!!!!  It's time for this week's Shannon's Sentiment's challenge.  This week Michelle has challenged us to create anything but a card.  I was going to do a cute little candy packet, but didn't get it done in time.  And I forgot to take pictures of the tag and stationary set that I made for my cousin -to-be for her bridal shower.  So, I decided to make a digi layout from the beginning of my kitchen remodel.

This has been my life for the past 3 weeks now.  It all started when were decided we wanted to add some additional storage in our kitchen where the fridge was.  So, DH moved the fridge over to the side of the kitchen that didn't have any cabinets on it.  And we bought some wall cabinets and built up a sweet little corner unit complete with a large panty cabinet for food storage.  In doing so, the switch for the disposal needed to be moved.  In removing that box from the wall it was discovered that it was a false wall.  The original plaster wall had 2x4 firring strips over it and they drywall.  We also discovered water damage on one of the drain pipes coming from the upstairs bathroom.  After that it was a domino effect of poor building practices, rusting plumbing, leaking pipes, and ancient electrical.  So, we ended up having to tear out over half of the kitchen down to the original studs.  And we had to replace all the plumbing in the upstairs bathroom, so that's torn up now as well.  And my tiny half bath that was in the kitchen is being moved and replaced with one large enough for anyone to fit in.

For the layout I used the "Spare Change Jar" with the home repair label.  I also used tags from the "Vintage Tags" set for my journaling spots.

You have about a week to get your design team application in to me to join our team.  You can find all the details here at this page.

Happy Stamping!
Shannon

1 comment:

cindy said...

Love your layout and how the jar worked perfectly with it. Not to forget your unique way of using the tags set. Well done Ms Shannon:)