Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

The April Newsletter is now available!!!

Happy Friday!!!! TGIF!!!! April is going to be a busy month for us here at Shannon's Sentiments. The monthly newsletter published this morning. If you're not already signed up, please do so. There is a link on the sidebar at the storefront blog. That way you won't miss out on anything going on around here. And you get a freebie image!!!! And that image is featured here...

For this card I colored the glasses and pitcher with Copics and added shadowing with Prismacolor pencils. Then I added glaze to them for shine.

A quick snaphot of what's in the newsletter....April calendar, preview of the upcoming Guest Designer challenge for a spot on the team for the May release, info on the Earth Day blog hop, reminder about the Open Design Team call, an article on storing and organizing your digi files, and more!!!

This month we have some exciting things just around the corner! The April challenges start bright and early tomorrow morning and the winners for the March challenges will be announced on Sunday. Make sure you get your submissions linked up by tonight. Then before you know it, we'll be heading to the preview and release days for the April sets. I switched it up a bit this month and will be offering 7 large individual images and 6 matching add-on type sets. These images were sooooooooo much fun to design! I can't wait to show them to you. I designed all the large images using the tablet feature of my laptop. The screen is a touch screen and using a stylus, I can draw right onto the "paper". I can then edit the line or shape as needed. And adjusting the "smoothing" the software takes out the wiggles my shaky hands make automaticially. Or, I can turn the smoothing down and make a wobbly line like I used in the daffodil image. Oops....did I give something away there? Guess you'll just have to stay tuned to find out.

We're also sponsoring the 365 Cards challenge blog late this month, so watch for that to pop for your opportunity for a store gift certificate.

The voting is also going on this week for the CDAC Digi Design contest (details and links below) so pop over there and vote for your favorite images. Ok, I've babbled enough on here for today. And my kitchen is still in "construction zone" mode and needs my attention. Wish me luck!!

Happy Stamping,
Shannon

No comments: