Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March Release Blog Hop!!!!

It's finally here!!!!! It's time for the March release blog hop for Shannon's Sentiments!!!! This is a huge release, complete with a few special images. If you're just popping here, swing back to the Sentiments blog so you can check out the new sets and all the design team creations along the hop.

This first card uses one of the special images this month. I created this "Garden Barrel" image for the Digital Drawing contest at CDAC. I colored the image with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils. This image is the first one I've drawn using my laptop as a tablet! It took a little time to get the hang of using the touch screen with the stylus, but in the end I love how it turned out. This card uses one of the quotes from the "Peace, Love and Stamping" set. I actually had another plan for this quote, but I really liked how it looked as the main focus on this card.

The next set uses the shopping tote from the "Re-Cycle" set. I printed it out large enough to fit 1/2 a sheet of paper. Then I cut it out. I adhered the sides together forming a pocket for the set of 4 cards to fit. The cards each feature the lotus from the "Peace, Love and Stamping" set.
This card features the greeting and branch from "Easter Time". I colored the leaves with Prismacolor Pencils blending with OMS. I created the background paper by spraying Olive Vine Glimmer Mist all over glossy cardstock and then laying cling wrap on top forming the lines where the color and shimmer settled. It's hard to capture the shimmer in the photo, but in person it's a really cool effect.



You've reached the end of the hop! Now head on over to the store to get all the new sets and images. Don't forget....the freebies for March are only until the next release.

We will also be hosting a chat at our CDAC group page at 8pm tonight as well. I will see you then!
Happy Stamping,
Shannon




3 comments:

Denise said...

Love your sets, Shannon! And you have presented them so beautifully, each equally striking. I adore your work. Nicely done!!!

Lillian Child said...

What lovely projects, Shannon! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

Sara said...

These are absolutely beautiful! More for my wishlist... which is growing by leaps and bounds lately! Hope you have a wonderful day! Happy Creating! Sara