Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

VSN Cards.....

I did it!! I made time this weekend to play along with a bunch of the VSN challenges over at SCS. It was nice to sit down in my studio and just stamp for the pure fun of creating. Of course....these cards were all created with my digital images, so I guess there was no actual stamping going on. Just lots of coloring, cutting, glueing, embossing, punching, and trying to get inks off my fingers.

This first card is for the "Read the Music" challenge. Haven't seen this image in the store yet? You're right! It's a special sneak peek from my March release that I allowed my DT to work with just for this weekend. You're see these candles and "Harmony" sentiment in the "Peace, Love and Stamping" set that will release on Mar. 15th!!!! I promise you won't want to miss out on this one.

This next card is for the "Heart Songs" challenge.
I created this card using images from the "Loving You" and "Holiday Postal" set. The panel on the side is actually a red metallic paper which just didn't want to be photographed today. I created the Love stamp by combining a bunch of the images together in PSE and cutting out just one stamp from the bunch.

My next card is for the "Heart on Your Sleeve" challenge.
I don't use vellum very much.....and to emboss it really pushed me out of my box. But I love the way this card turned out. I used one of the quotes from the "Shower Time" set as the main focal point and kept the rest simple with the die-cut and embossed butterfly.

This next one is for the "Heart Health" challenge.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this one....since I have a ton of dress stamps laying around unused. But I decided to work with the dress from "Shower Time" in PSE and color it red. Then using one of my new Nesties dies I cut it out and threaded ribbon along the edges.

This quick card is for the "Mash Up!" challenge.
I set up all the elements from the "Cheers" set in PSE, then colored them with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. I added some dry embossing and paper piercing as my additional techniques.

The next one is for the "Love Is" challenge.
This card is created using the newest freebies!!! I used the image I created for the St. Patrick's Day t-shirts and the clover image. Yes, that's actually wood.....it's a thin piece of veneer that I found at one of my local stamping stores. Very cool to work with.

This last one is for the "Dream Come True" challenge.
Now that DH and I are married, our dream is to start a family. Which has turned out to be more difficult than we expected. I created this one with images from the "Shower Time" set.


The deadline isn't until tomorrow night, so I may try to get a few more of the challenges finished up....


Happy Stamping,
Shannon






No comments: