Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sentiments Challenge - Etsy Inspired

Welcome to another Sentiments Challenge! We're beginning our February challenges this week....and we have something very special for you!!!!

We're sponsoring the Etsy Inspired Challenge!!!!! Yippie!!!! I was on the design team there for awhile, and I'm so thrilled to be able to sponsor this great challenge now.

The shop for this week is Daisy Petal Designs. The challenge for this week is to surf thru the shop, find a product for your inspiration, and create a card or other project based on your inspiration. You can use the colors, objects, textures, anything that inspires you.

Then link up your creation at the Etsy blog for your chance to win one of this week's prizes. And link it up here as well to enter it into our monthly giveaway.

Here are some pics from the shop to get your creative juices flowing....





Here is my card....

I was inspired by the layers and colors of the red flower pictured above. I used the "Loving You" set along with the freebie "Love Script" and the set from Dec "Holiday Postal" for the stamp outline. I printed everything out, then distressed the envelope and stamps with Tim Holtz distress inks, as well as the white layer around the edges. Then using a Sizzix die I cut out the large scallop circle and adorned it with light pink pearls. Then I layered everything onto a red cardbase.

I hope you'll play along with us this month!!!

Onto the dreaded topic of weight loss......I'm down another pound this week!! But what I think is more impressive is that I'm down 2.5" overall!! 1" each from my hips and waist and 1/2" from my thighs. It's an easy plan to stick to as well, which makes all difference to me. The only exercises I did this week was the squats/presses/pulls recommended in the book. Never before have I been able to lose weight without exercise and without feeling hungry. DH even commented a few nights ago on how much food I was eating. Of course it was mostly edamane and a salad with spinach and romaine and some cucumber. That's all basicially just to keep me full. Most of my calories during the day comes from lean protein and legumes. My free day is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to having some french toast for breakfast and snacks during the Super Bowl.

Happy Stamping,

Shannon

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I like your card. Nothing like getting ready for V day. On your weight loss what book are you talking about? Is your husband also eating the same and working out with you? What's your motivation? I had a new years resolution to lose a few pounds and it went out the window.