Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sentiments Challenge!!!

Happy Saturday!!!! Is it as cold where you are as it is here? It's CRAZY cold outside this weekend. Makes me want to just stay inside and curl up with my hubby and my cats and veg-out all weekend. But, too much to do for much of that to happen. Bummer!!

Today's Sentiments Challenge is brought to us by this month's guest designer....Tiffany Johnson. She's challenging us to create a scrapbook page....any medium....any size.

I'm not much of a scrapbooker. I started into this crazy hobby via scrapbooking, but once I got into cardmaking I kinda dropped the scrapbooking. So, this was a challenge for me. I knew what I wanted to scrap, just wasn't sure where to start. As I was going thru our wedding pictures I came across one that I had taken that was a closeup of my bouquet. Well, that picture ended up being turned into one of the new digi papers I released last week. Once I created that paper, I had a better idea of what I wanted the page to look like. And since I was going to be creating digitially, I didn't have to worry about changing it 20 times and all the papers and accessories that would end up laying all over my studio until I finally decided it was complete.

I started with the Bouquet paper as my main background. I then inserted filled rectangles to create the photo mats, and placed the picture on top of them. The "H" is simply black text. I then added the "Love Script" image above the picture (changing it to white fill) and the line I created using one of the brushes in my digi software. I even included our wedding date, again just regular text, so my loving husband will have a subtle reminder. Now I can print off my newly created page, or leave it just on the computer in our wedding folder. I think this one deserves to be printed.

I had so much fun creating this page. Even if it did force me out of my usual comfort zone. I hope you'll play along with us. You have until the end of the month to enter your creations. Just link up your blog post or gallery page with the Mr. Linky widget at the Sentiments Storefront blog.

Well, I'm off to get some more stamping done today before my birthday dinner tonight.

Happy Stamping,
Shannon

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Digi-scrapping is definitely where it's at! Your layout is stunning and I love how you incorporated the title!