Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sentiments Challenge #11 - Color

Ugh.....I'm not sure where my head has been this week. It's flown by and I still have so many things I want to do. It's gonna be a busy weekend!!! I even forgot about writing up this post last night. I got the one for the store all set, but totally forgot to put this here on my own blog for this morning.

Welcome to another Sentiments Challenge! I'm hosting today and I have a color challenge for you. With Valentine's Day right around the corner I've choosen pink, white and red to work with.





Here is my card using "Shout Out", "Swirl Heart" and the "Nothing" quote.
I started with grey for my base, and layed with Pink Pirouette cardstock. I applied Tattered Rose Distress ink to the edges of the pink CS and to the banner. I cut out the Swirl Heart and banner and layered them on top. Finally I added some quick doodles in the corners.

I hope you'll come play with us!!!!!


Onto other topics.....for those that care to read on. If not, go run to your studio and create a card for our challenge. There are prizes up for grabs!!!

I've been working on getting fit and trim since about mid-Dec. I started just by changing up my diet to included more whole grains, lean protein and less processed foods. I started working out about 3 times a week as well with my Wii and EA Active Sports. Well, the scale wasn't moving. At all!!! I'd go down, then back up and down and up and stay up.... You get the idea. Something just wasn't working. I was tracking my food/calories/etc. online even just to keep myself honest about what I was putting into my body. My co-worker mentioned a book to me "4-hour Workweek" by Tim Ferriss. Sounded interesting, so I bought the e-book and started reading. Very interesting!!! When I bought the 4HWW book, I noticed he also had one called the "4-Hour Body" as well. So, of course I got that one as well. It sat unread for about 2 weeks. Then I finally got frustrated enough with the lack of change I started doing some online research on the book and found a few forums. Did some more reading and discovered in the book is a plan for a Slow-Carb Diet. Sounded similar to the meal plan I was working from when I had a trainer and managed to lose some substantial weight and gain muscle at the same time. So, on Monday I started the plan....of course I had to splurge on Wed for my birthday....and today is my first weigh-in and my first cheat day!!!! I'm down 1lb since last week!! And I only worked out one day this week!! My EA Sports Active isn't going to be happy with me...... I also took measurements this morning, so I'll have that to track weekly as well. So, if you're interested, I'll be posting on my progress on Saturdays.....

Happy Stamping,
Shannon

No comments: