Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day!!!!!!

Happy, happy day!!!!!!!! It's here......it's World Card Making Day!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been in my studio almost all morning. Ok...I took a break and ran out to Target to pick up a few things....like laundry detergent so I could do laundry in between cards...

I've been busy working on my Oct. release cards for Queen Kat Designs. OMG....these girls this month are just amazing and I've loved working with all of them. I still have a few more to do as well that I'm even more excited for.

After I finished those 4 cards I played along with Gina's Release Party Challenges. I was able to chat for a bit before calling it a night and hitting the NyQuil. The projects the design team created were just amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on several of the sets from this release....just going to have to wait until the bank account recovers from Krafty Kimmie day last weekend.

This first card I'm sharing with you today is for the Recipe Challenge. Cathy gave us quite the unique challenge.....
1) No DP allowed!
2) One layer, in addition to the card base
3)2 rounded corners
4) at least 3 bling items. I created this card on a base of Fresh Asparagus Pure Luxury cardstock. The image layer is layering weight white Pure Luxury cardstock. I edged it with silver paint pen to give the illusion of an additional layer and a bit of shine. I stamped the tree image from Theresa's "A Very Merry Christmas" set in Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copics. I added the shadowing with Prismacolor Pencils blended with OMS. I added the sentiment and 3 self-adhesive rhinestones. I then finished it with some silver pen on the beads on the tree and yellow stickles to the flower centers.


This next card is for the same recipe challenge.
For this card I started with a base of heavyweight white Pure Luxury cardstock. Then I took my Flourished Frame Cuttlebug folder and applied Pumpkin Pie ink to one side. I layed a piece of layering weight white Pure Luxury cardstock inside and ran it thru my Big Shot. This inked the flat areas and left the raised embossed portion white. I added some additional sponging in Really Rust and Dusty Durango to the corners. I then carefully cut out the inside of the frame before adhering it to the base. I stamped the sentiment from Gina's "Thanks a Million" set in Tuxedo black into the center of the frame. I added 3 brown rhinestones and the layered flower.
This next card is so super cute and it's for the Note Card challenge. Jessica challenged us to create a note card starting with a cardbase sized 4-1/4"x5-1/2" that's scored at 2-3/4".

I started with a cardbase of Kraft Pure Luxury cardstock. I then added a layer of printed paper by SEI. I stamped the image from Rupa's "So Grateful" set on layering weight white Pure Luxury cardstock in Tuxedo Black. I colored the image with Copics and added the shadowing below the image with Prismacolor Pencils blended with OMS. I cut it out using an oval Nestabilities die and sponged Wheat chalk ink around the top and sides. I adhered it to the card with pop-dots and added the branch punch outs to each side.

I also wanted to share with you my new pocket size Copic chart. Before when I'd make a visit to my local Blick art store I'd take along my regular chart that I use in my studio for color matching. And I was always afraid that I'd end up bending it or getting something on it to ruin it. So I created this chart in Powerpoint that I could take along with me.
Each section is the size of an Trading Card....2.5"x3.5". I printed it on layering weight white Pure Luxury cardstock and colored in all the rectangles for the colors I currently own. I trimmed off all the excess then folded it in half, then into an accordian shape.
I have 4 sections on one side and 4 on the other. And it folds up perfectly to pocket or purse size and I don't have to worry about ruining my good chart.
I'm going to finish watching the U-M game....then back into the studio to work on some more cards!!!! Such a happy, happy day!!!!

Happy Stamping,
Shannon





1 comment:

scrappingdragon said...

love love love your idea!! would you mind sharing the file with me if you still have it?

thank you
adele

greetings from africa!