Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Hangover Day......

for yesterday's World Cardmaking Day craze!!!! I managed to get 10.....yes 10....cards completed yesterday!!!! I can't show them all to you right now, as 4 of them are for the Oct. Release for QKD, but I can share these 3 with you that I created last night after I posted yesterday afternoon.

This first card is for Lee's Image Set Challenge. She challenged us to create a card using one image for a set as a background and one or more image from that same set at the focal point. I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this challenge....as I've had this idea in my head for awhile. I grapped Rupa's "Welcome Home" set and got to work. I stamped the houses and colored them with Prismacolor Pencils blended with OMS. I wanted to keep them light and whimsical to keep them as a background image so I didn't use Copics. I then stamped the sentiment and punched it out. I stamped and colored the keys and then cut them out. The layered up the sentiment and keys as my focal image. Once i was done, I wrote a sweet note inside and gave it to my husband.....because he makes me and our home happy!


This next card is for Kraftin' Kimmie's Celebration Challenge.
I can't believe it's been a year since Kimmie started her very own stamp store. I remember being over in Canada stamping with Paula, Mary, Linda, Pauline, and Kimmie when she told us. She also had her new rubber there for us to play with and buy before she officially oppened her "doors". So we stamped and colored and joined in on her very first hop. Last weekend I spent the day in London at Kraftin' Kimmie's stamp day with Mary. We had such a blast chatting and coloring for the day. Kimmie had a special surprise for us.....the ability to purchase the Oct. release!!!!! Of course Mary and I both jumped all over it! And this is one of the new ladies! I just couldn't resist using her for this challenge. I colored her in Canada last weekend using Copics with shadowing added with Prismacolor Pencils blended with OMS. Then I paired her up with some kraft cardstock and patterned paper from Basic Grey. I didn't have any sentiments to match, so I simply wrote out my own. Congrats Kimmie on your one year anniversary!!!!! And make sure you check out her Anniversary Sale at her store this weekend.

Here's one last card that I created for my post today at the WIS blog. Go over there to check out how I created her sunset background with the Copic Airbrush System.

Happy Stamping,
Shannon

1 comment:

ellen s. said...

LOL! i called it the same thing.

these are gorgeous!!!