Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Budget Friendly Gift Idea!!!!

Happy Hump Day!!!!! I have a great gift idea for a loved one, or just for yourself, to share with you today. With budgets tightening and the cost of food and household supplies not getting any cheaper I've decided to start clipping coupons. After going thru the paper on Sunday morning over coffee with the husband I had quite the stack next to me. I grabbed a clear envelope from my studio and put them inside. Shawn turns to me and says, "Aren't you going to make some cute holder or something for them?" And this idea was born. And.....it just happens to fit perfectly with today's SCS Hope You Can Cling to challenge...something old, something new and the Season's Giftings Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.



I knew I needed a place to sort the coupons....and I decided that I should pair it up with a grocery list and a cute little wallet type enclosure. Then I needed a message center for the kitchen for that week's list and coupons and any other quick notes. I decided to use an old clipboard that I had been using around the house for the wedding invite and thank you list and alter it. I started by choosing the papers I wanted to use and adhered them directly to the clipboard. I punched the 2 holes in the top with the Crop-a-Dile to thread ribbon thru to hang it from since I turned it sideways and the hanger was now on the side. The clip now holds our grocery list and coupons for the week. The right side is a magnetic board. I took a 5"x8" magnetic sheet I picked up at Michael's and covered it with cardstock and stamped the swirls from Nina's "Grand Damask" stamp set on the top and bottom. I then adhered buttons to 2 magnets using Superglue coordinating with the one that's adhered to the ribbon. I created the grocery list on the computer in PowerPoint using the "Fall Kitten" image from Mo's Digital Pencil. The images are my something new.
I started the coupon wallet by figuring how big I could create it with a single sheet of cardstock. It measures 4"x8.5"x1/2" when closed. Perfect size to fit into my purse. I scored the cardstock first, then adhered the patterned paper to it. It's held together with a small magnetic closure that hidden between the paper and cardstock and under the ribbon inside the flap.
Here's the coupon wallet open. The coupon organizer is on the left with the grocery list in the middle. The list is held on with large brads so I can print off more and attach them when I run out. I also adhered 2 ribbon loops for a pen to fit in.
Inside the coupon pocket I created 4 slots that accordian out....food, household, restaurant and other. I stamped the swirls from "Grand Damask" here as well.

I hope this inspires you to get your coupons and grocery lists into a cute gift/decor idea for your house. I need to find some Superman paper now to make Shawn one.....he refuses to take this one to the store and wants his own. ;-) Just another reason I love him so much.


Happy Stamping!
Shannon




5 comments:

Paula Laird said...

I love this idea! Might have to make one for me and a few gifts! Thanks for sharing!

Patti J said...

Perfect! What a great idea - Thanks for sharing!

KC said...

this is so cute! what a great idea!! and I love the colors!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Looooooooooooooooove!!! This is so gorgeous and functional.....I will be CASEing if I can figure it out perfectly! LOL

Cath said...

Hey Shannon! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Season's Giftings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)