Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

Inspiring Blog Hop!

Welcome to our CSS Alumni blog hop! If you're stopping in from Melissa's blog, than you're on the right track. If you're just popping in, swing back to the beginning at StampTV so you don't miss any of the ladies amazing creations.

This time Carolina challenged us with an inspiration challenge based on this yummy cupcake picture. When I saw it, I knew exactly what stamp set and color scheme I wanted to use....only one problem....I didn't actually own it yet.
Well, I quickly changed that! And ordered Nina's new set "Grand Damask".
I started with a base of Chocolate Brown Pure Luxury cardstock. Then pairing it with a layer of Innocent Pink Pure Luxury cardstock and printed paper from Basic Grey. I stamped the main image with Memento Cocoa Brown ink on paper from Basic Grey. I then sponged Tattered Rose and Fired Brick Distress Inks around the edges after cutting it out with a Spellbinders Die. I added a self-adhesive rhinestone and some white highlights with a gel pen.

The next stop on the hop is Sharri's blog. So hop on over to see her amazing creation.

Happy Stamping,
Shannon

29 comments:

Carla (cmsuto) said...

Beautiful card, Shannon! I love the DP and the damask! Wonderful design!

Melissa Cash said...

Beautiful card Shannon, perfect choice for a stamp. I love the layout too!

Giovana said...

Beautiful and elegant!! So very pretty Shannon.

Cheri said...

Great card, Shannon. I love the creative way you used the damask stamp. The combo of distress inks is wonderful and worked so well with your design.

Sharri said...

Shannon, Beautiful card!!! I love the design. The sponging and white highlights really make the damaks pop!

Carolina said...

What an elegant card...love how you used this set and the rhinestones are the perfect touch...just WOW!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ooooo la la!!! This is just stunning Shannon!! I love the sponge effect!!

qvande said...

Shannon, this is gorgeous! I love the bling and the shading with the Damask. Nice touches with the gel pen.

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Shannon.

peggy wainman said...

Beautiful, love the layout!

Miesje said...

So pretty! I love how you used the damask! Wonderful Card!

StampinCathy said...

This is gorgeous and so inspiring. Love the colors, layout, and your creative style.

JaniceAileen said...

Awesome, Shannon! I'm in love with that Damask stamp! LOL!

buggin2stamp said...

Gorgeous! I love how you stamped the Damask and masked it to sponge. It left behind the white edges at places that makes it look so cool and pop. The layout is awesome too!

Lagene said...

WOW!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Grace Baxter said...

The Damask design is lovely and the added inking and pen details give it drama. Well done!

Melanie said...

very pretty shannon, that paper is perfect!

KareS said...

Very elegant card! :)

joy said...

Pretty, pretty card - love how the ribbon you used gives it a silky dimension.

Kay S said...

Very pretty card! You and I had the same thought when we looked at that photo. As soon as I saw it I knew Grand Damask was going to figure into my card! Great crafty minds think alike! :-)

Deb said...

How gorgeous! Perfect stamp set for this inspiration photo, definitely worth the purchase! Love all the little detailed doodlings you added! They really make it pop.

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Very pretty! Love the BG and satin ribbon.

Jennie said...

So pretty Shannon! Great job on the inspiration :o) That damask is just just so perfect!

Betty Neville said...

Lovely card Shannon! The dp goes perfectly with your beautiful image!

Rhonda said...

Beautiful card Shannon, Just simply divine...

Hugs Rhonda

Luv 2 Create said...

Lovely card Shannon. I really love the dp that you used. Damask is wonderful too.
Marcie

Lyngo said...

Wow Shannon - that is stunning !!

Sandy said...

Love your combination of colors and this stamp! Beautiful interpretation! Thank you for sharing.

rvlady said...

This card is just plain "ELEGANT" I love it.