Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Heart to Heart......


Happy Sunday!!!!!


Today is a very special day for a very special stamper. I'm sure many of you know who Carolyn King is....or Cammie as she's commonly called. Her grandmother's birthday is today, but she's no longer with us to celebrate. She passed away after suffering from Alzheimer's. After she passed Cammie got to work and put together the Heart to Heart Card Drive. All in an effort to thank the caregivers of Alzheimer's patients. My grandfather suffered from this terrible disease so I know the patient and caring nature these caregivers provide to not only the patient, but also their family.


I created this card and will pass it on to the home that Cammie's grandmother lived in for her last years. I used the Awareness Ribbons and matching sentiments. I used purple because that's the color of the Alzheimer's Awareness ribbon.


I hope you'll join in her card drive. She has an amazing blog candy package worth over $1000 for one lucky winner!!! There are a ton of companies participating including some of my personal favorites....Gina K. Designs, Stamping Bella and CardMaker magazine. There has also been a huge basket of handmade cards from people like Theresa Momber, Kim Hughes, and Kimberly Crawford. I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw all the prizes listed off. Just amazing!!!


I was going to use this card to create a color challenge here, but instead of that.....I challenge you to create a card for an Alzheimer's caregiver. And if you want, and why wouldn't you, enter it for a chance to win Cammie's blog candy package.
Enjoy your Sunday!!!

Happy Stamping,
Shannon

1 comment:

Kerry J. said...

Gorgeous card Shannon! I have to tell you that I feel a little foolish - I didn't realize when I met you yesterday that you were this Shannon!!! You must have thought I was a big dolt - but you look so different from your SCS avatar! Wish I had sat a chatted with you - hope we can do that sometime soon! It was great to meet you though!