Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

GKD Weekly Challenges

Happy Monday!!!! I have a crazy week of work coming up....ugh! So I made sure I spent some quality time in my studio this week. And I was able to get a TON of "work" done. Not only did the Sept. release at my store Shannon's Sentiments keep me busy, but my design team work for Queen Kat Designs and a Gina K. CSS Alumni hop were on the to-do list as well. Even with all that I made sure I spent some time just stamping for fun playing along with some of the Gina K. Designs challenges. I also re-did my Copic and ribbon storage...and I'll be posting pics of those later this week, just because I love them so much.


I was able to create a card for both of the challenges this week. For Janice's color challenge I created this CAS card. I stamped the image and sentiment from Theresa's "Autumn Beauty" in Tuxedo Black on ivory Pure Luxury cardstock. I then colored the image with Copics. I've loved using them again now that I have a much improved storage system for them. I added some paper piercing in the opposite corner. I layered it on Kraft cardstock and a black Pure Luxury cardstock base. This challenge has closed, but Janice will be posting a new color challenge today for you to play along with....and you'll have a chance at winning a free GKD stamp set. And I know how much we all love new rubber!!!!


These next 2 cards are for Vicki's sketch challenge. She added a twist as well. She created 2 sketches.....one simple and one complex, but both with the same elements. The first card I created is a birthday card for my father-in-law using the simpler sketch. I stamped the sentiments from Gina's "Masculine Messages" in Tuxedo Black and Brocade Blue. I cut it out with a Spellbinder's die and sponged on some Distress Ink in Weathered Wood. I paired it with papers from Basic Grey.
This card was created for the complex sketch with more layer and embellishments. I just turned the sketch on it's side to fit with the image I wanted to use. I need a card for my cousin's baby shower, so I knew this would be the perfect opportunity to create it. She isn't going to find out the baby's sex before delivery so I needed to keep the card neutral. I stamped the images from Melanie's "Wee Tees" set in Tuxedo Black. I cut it out with a Spellbinder's die and paired it up with some papers from Stampin' Up! and Basic Grey. And of course added the three "baby" colored ribbons at the bottom.

This challenge is still going on....you have until Wed. at 8pm central to upload your creation to StampTV. I hope you'll play along. And if you miss this week, check in on Thursday when she'll have a new challenge for everyone to play along with.
Happy Stamping,
Shannon


1 comment:

Queen Kat said...

these are wayyyy cute!! I like the simplicity of the mailbox card. :)