Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

GKD CSS Alumni Blog Hop!!

Happy Friday evening!!!! Busy day here on my blog, huh???

Welcome to our first hop in Sept. for the CSS Alumni! If you're just wandering in, start back at the beginning at StampTV . If you're here from Miesje's blog than you're in the right spot.

I haven't had a chance to play along with the CSS alumni girls in awhile, so I figured this color challenge was the perfect time to jump back in.

Carolina challenged us to create a card using the colors, red, orange, brown and either white or ivory. I knew exactly what set I wanted to use for this challenge and set right to work creating this card to share with you today using Theresa's set Sending Sunshine.



I started by stamping the tree, swing and butterfly in Rich Cocoa. I then colored my images with Copic markers. I used a Versamarker and detail clear embossing powder to emboss the tree trunk and branches, swing and the butterfly. I created the grass and sunset using the airbrush Copic system. I masked off the grass and created the sky first, then reversed the mask and created the grass. I added some extra lowlights and grass tufts with Prismacolor Pencils blending with OMS. My cardbase and mat is Chocolate Chip Pure Luxury and the main image is stamped onto the heavy weight white Pure Luxury cardstock.

The next stop on the hop is the amazing Sue!!!!! Quick, hop over there and check out her amazing project.

See you there!

Happy Stamping,
Shannon

18 comments:

Carla (cmsuto) said...

Beautiful scene, Shannon! Love the way you colored it!

Cheri said...

Beautiful, Shannon. You're layering of colors and coloring techniques is stunning.

Joan Ervin said...

The little tree is beautiful, Shannon, and you did a fabulous job with the sky and grass!!!!

Melissa Cash said...

So nice to have you hopping with us Shannon! Your card is so pretty, I want to climb in that tire swing and stay there all afternoon. Lovely!

Giovana said...

Beautiful scene Shannon!! Your coloring is amazing!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Beautiful card! Great job with the colors. Love the addition of the butterflies.

Carolina said...

Gorgeous card and scene you created here! So glad you were able to join the hop with this adorable card!

qvande said...

You have created such a beautiful scene! Your coloring is perfection.

Payne Holler Cards said...

love your scene!wonderful coloring (-:

tlgirl353 said...

Love how used this image to bring out all the Fall colors! Good job!

Deb said...

Breathtaking, Shannon! I actually gasped aloud when the page loaded!

Kay S said...

Shannon, your card is gorgeous! What a pretty scene you created!

buggin2stamp said...

This set looks fabulous for the color challenge. I love the tree with red branches and leaves. Looks so cool!

Miesje said...

This is beautiful! I would not have thought of making that tree into a fall tree - it is wonderful!

Lagene said...

Beautiful scene!

Donna said...

Love your Fall scene Shannon! Just gorgeous

joy said...

Beautifully colored image - love the extra special touch with the butterflies!

Georgei said...

Like your card alot
and all so that little butterfly