Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall Memories

Happy Sunday!!!!!

With football on the TV, I took some time to stamp out some of my favorite fall memories for Gina's challenge for this month's Spotlight designer. My favorite memories revolve around heading out to the orchards to pick apples and pumpkins. Then we'd come home and make a yummy apple pie and carve up the pumpkins for Halloween. I started by stamping out the trees and fench image from Theresa's new "Farm Life" set. Then I stamped the pumpkins from her "Autumn Beauty" set, masked them off, and stamped the apple cart from Rupa's "So Grateful" set. The sentiment is also from the "Autumn Beauty" set.

Once I had everything stamped out (in Tuxedo Black ink on heavyweight white Pure Luxury cardstock) I started coloring the images with Copics. I started with the trees and moved forward. I added a bit of orange into the trees and grass to give it a more fall like look. I colored the cart and the pumpkins and the apples last. Then I concentrated on the grass around the cart and pumpkins. Finally I trimed the image down to the size I wanted, mounted it on Black Onyx Pure Luxury cardstock and sewed around the edges. The printed paper is by Moxxie and the cardbase is Chocolate Brown Pure Luxury cardstock. I added a small ribbon tag to the left and the sentiment tag to the right.

There's still time to get your project in for Gina's challenge! You have until Monday at 8pm central to get your project linked to Gina's blog. I hope you play along because the prize is huge and it's a blast being able to play along with her design team for the release and the party.




As promised.....I wanted to show you all my new storage. Michael's had their Jetmax cube storage on sale 50% off this week, so I bought a few. Okay, 10! I couldn't help it.....they were on sale!!!!

I started out with just the 4 drawer ones for ribbon storage. Then I wanted new storage for all my cardstock, so I got 2 file drawer cubes. Then I needed to get some storage for misc. embellishments and it just went from there. And what can I say.....10 cubes later and I love it!!!!

I have loose woodmounted stamps in the bin on the top left, misc papers and cardstock on the top right along with my acrylic mounts and some SU! embellishments. Then I have all my clear misc. stamp sets that I have in DVD tins below that. But what I love most is my ribbon storage.

These drawers are perfect! I cut foamboard bobbins to 5-1/2"x6". Then I spent the majority of last Sunday spinning ribbons around all these bobbins. So, now instead of having a big bin of rolls and pins and balls and lengths of ribbon, I can see exactly what I have at just a glance. And each drawer is arranged by color...ROY G BIV....with neutrals in the last drawer.
And so I would know exactly what each ribbon is, I simply wrote the manufacturer and color on the bobbin. Love it!!!
Gotta run.....sounds like my Lions aren't doing so well right now.
Happy Stamping,
Shannon



13 comments:

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh wowwee!!! That Fall scene is just SPECtacular!!!! It looks so perfect I wish I was there! LOL And I may just have to get some of those organizers.....how cool are they!?!

Jennie said...

Beautiful card and love the fall scene you created on this. As to your JetMax cubes...I am so envious of your ribbon organization! Probably better than in a bin all lose and partying together (and mutliplying... Will definitely be looking at changing my ribbon clutter, lol! Thanks for sharing :o)

qvande said...

Your scene is gorgeous! Such beautiful coloring and shading. Great ribbon storage, too.

Kay S said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Shannon! It could have been from my fall memory -- the apple picking and pumpkins are such a big part of our fall memories at our house.
Love your new storage and I am totally going to steal your idea for the ribbon storage. It is perfect!

joy said...

A beautiful fall scene you have created! Thanks for the storage ideas.

Sharri said...

Shannon, Wow! What an amazing fall scene you have created and its colored fabulously!!

Miesje said...

Great fall scene, I love it! Love your ribbon organization too!

Janice M said...

Love the fall scene you created!!

Paula Laird said...

Your card is fabulous! And your ribbon storage, WOW! So cool!

Tami said...

what a beautiful card! Love the fall colors

JaniceAileen said...

Beautiful card, Shannon! I love your sponging!

Donna said...

Wow this Fall scene is breathtaking! I adore Fall!

Juli Smith, SU! Demo said...

Amazing coloring!