Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

VSN Mini - Opening Ceremonies

Happy Sunday!!! It's a VSN Weekend at SCS...and the theme for this round is The Winter Olympics, so we kicked off with the Opening Ceremonies last night. Now, SCS was a little (ok, a lot) crazy on us last night. But you can still upload your entries until 10pm EST Monday night for your chance to be featured in the Medal Ceremony.

I kicked us off with the "Opening Ceremonies" challenge. To create a card using the colors of the flag from one of the participating countries. I created my card using Melanie's "School, Sports, Spirit!" set with the colors of the American flag. Go Team USA!! Next up was Dawn with the "Chill Out" challenge. For my card I used Nina's fun new set "Heartily Yours". I used the crashed glass technique on the image panel.
Adelle then brought us the "Red Mittens" challenge. I loved working with Asela's set "Fruitful Harvest" in red and white for this challenge. And adding in the yarn was just fun!!!
The "Olympic Biatholon" challenge that Janet hosted was up next. Incorporating the chalkboard technique is usually something that just doesn't turn out right for me. For this card I used Stampin' Up!'s "Thoughts and Prayers" set.
This next challenge by Carole was a challenge...."The Slalom Course". We had to incorporate an "S" or a wave, white as the only neutral, the kissing technique and pink had to be included (as a tribute to one of my favoritest stampers, LuvLee). The CASE'd Theresa's card for this challenge since by this point my brain was just dead. I used Tami's new set "Happy Hearts" and realized I really need the matching punches.
And last, but not least....was Robyn bringing us the "Spotlights On Ice" challenge. I used Theresa's new set "Purrr-fectly Delightful" and punched out the flowers to create my spotlight effect.
Happy Stamping,
Shannon





1 comment:

miscanthuscrafts said...

some great projects there. if i had to pick my favourite it would be the girly pick one with those lovely buttons! X