Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 27, 2009

Gina K. Designs CSS Blog Hop

It's time for another CenterStage Spotlight Challenge Blog hop!


Hostess: Jessica Fick {Design Team Coordinator}

Theme: Stamp and color the image on Patterned Paper { any occasion card acceptable, it doesn't have to be Christmas themed} { image may be cut out and layered, but must be stamped and colored on patterned paper}

Requirement: any GinaK Designs stamp set & Glitter

Bonus Challenge: decorate the inside of your card to coordinate


Participating Designer's links:







Here's the card I created using Asela's "The Journey" stamp set.
I stamped the chair in Memento Rich Cocoa on a neutral cloud printed paper. I then cut off the bottom around the chair and placed it on a tone on tone green paper. I colored the chair with Prismacolor Pencils blended with OMS. The base is the amazing Green Apple Pure Luxury cardstock.

Happy Stamping,

Shannon

24 comments:

Melissa Cash said...

OMG! That print paper is perfect for the chair image. Love it!

Tina Gilliland said...

Wonderful design... that paper just works perfectly.

Stampin' Pam said...

Shannon this is quite lovely - peaceful - serene. Nicely done with a perfect choice of DP!

Selma said...

Beautiful card Shannon. Really like how you cut out the bottom and added the green paper.

Sharri Seffens said...

Shannon, beautiful! The dp is perfect for the chair!

Happycrafter said...

Wow, this is one of those cards I always hope to receive. I like the idea of stamping onto the cloud paper and then cutting off the ground area, I will try this.

Sue - 'TILLYMINT' said...

Great use of patterned paper Shannon! Stunning card!

NinaB said...

What a gorgeous card. I love how you incorporated the DP into this peaceful scene.

Deb said...

So peaceful and serene! That paper is so perfect for this image! I love the way you layered the other elements and added the little knot of hemp around the ribbon. Gorgeous card! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! (Making mental note to point Asela this direction!)

tlgirl353 said...

Great hop card. Loved the cloud dp! So glad you were chosen for CSSDT6.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi shannon! wow!! beeeee-YOU-tiful girl!! I just love this set. I enjoy using it too. I hope you had a fab thanksgiving. ;P)

joy said...

Love this card!!!! The ribbon you chose is pefect with the chair!

Cheri said...

Oh, what a great card. I love the colors and the way you worked the sentiment into the feeling of the card.

Janice M said...

Great card! I like your layout!

Carla (cmsuto) said...

Absolutely beautiful, Shannon! Love the peaceful scene you created! Great combination of papers!

Giovana said...

Awesome!

redwasher1 said...

A beautiful art of art!! Geri

Jennie said...

This is fabulous Shannon! Great design.

Brenda said...

Awesome Shannon!! I agree with Geri this is a piece of art.

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Wowza, Wowza Shan!!!! That beachy scene is fantastic on that dp!!

qvande said...

Great card! That dp you used is such a perfect backdrop for the chair and your design is fantastic. Love your coloring.

Jessica said...

Shannon!! What a gorgeous card - I LOVE that scene on this patterned paper! It's perfect. Thank you so much for hopping with my challenge!

Tracey said...

Oh my, this is so lovely. The background paper works perfectly. I am wishin' to be on the beach right now.

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a peaceful and beautiful card!!

I am trying to spread the word about a "March of the Snowmen" Blog Hop I'm participating in, and would love to have you check it out. Lot's of blog candy being given away! The blog hop is tomorrow. http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com