Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

What I was up to yesterday!

Lots of card making!!!!! Some I'll share here with you today and some I can't share with you just yet, but I will!!!

First, some exciting news!!!! I've been asked to be on the DT for 2 digital stamp companies!!!! Ildi, Co. and Sunshine Stamps!!! I'm so excited to be working with these new companies as they are just getting started and have so many wonderful images. I'll admit, I wasn't a big fan of digital stamps at first....mostly because my computer ink would smear all over the place with any kind of coloring medium I tried which of course was just frustrating. Then I got a new printer and this thing is da bomb!!!! I can grab the print out as soon as it's done and watercolor if I want with zero ink smearing!!! I love it!!! And it's allowed me to be able to work magic with digital stamps. Stay tuned as I'll have some cards to share with those images later on today.

For the first card I have to share with you right now I used Gina's newest technique from StampTV for Watercolor Spritz. I chose to you the set Tropical Flowers and added in a sentiment from the new StampTV set. The cardstock is SU!'s new In Colors Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango. I stamped the images on Gina K's Pure Luxury White 120lb cardstock. The DP, ribbon, and brads are also from the StampTV kit Signs of Autumn. I'm just loving this new kit....the colors are some of my favorites.
I created this next card for my sister who needed a 30th Wedding Anniversary card. I stamped out the Whiff of Joy Wedding Cake on white cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I added a few shadows with Copics. The embossing on the white shimmer layer is SU!'s embossing folder "Elegant Bouquet". I added some self adhesive pearls to the flower centers. The sentiment is from Stamping Bella punched out with the Word Window punch from SU!
Here's a closeup of the cake, so you can see where I added some Liquid Applique to add dimension to the little icing dots.


More to come later! I'm off to meet my parents for Sunday breakfast!
Happy Stampin',
Shannon


3 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Congrats on your new DT teams! Wow you are going to spread more of your creative and inspiring talent on in blogland. Your cards are just beautiful.

Tonya said...

Beautiful cards. I adore the first one!!!

A BIG Congratulations sweetie!! It is well deserved. Your creations are always gorgeous!

Juls said...

both these cards are just stunning! Love them!