Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 21, 2009

StampTV Color Challenge

I completed this card a few days ago, but haven't featured it here yet. It's for this week's color challenge at StampTV that Melanie hosted. So, in her honor, I decided to use one of her stamp sets, A Charmed Life.

The color challenge is black, white and green. I used a pale reed green cardstock as my starting point and colored the candle to match. I colored the candle with Prismacolor pencils blended with OMS. Yep.....I used the wine glass to create the candle. I just masked off the stem and added the candle wick with a black pen. The sentiment is from the set Perfectly Polished by Rupa Shevde. I then covered the candle with crystal effects to add dimension.


Happy Stampin',
Shannon


Card Recipe
Stamps: A Charmed Life and Perfectly Polished by Gina K. Designs
Paper: Reed cardstock by Bazzill, DP by SEI, 80lb Pure Luxury White Cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Extras: Crystal Effects, Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon, Tag die by Spellbinders

4 comments:

Juls said...

this is fab! the picture works so well with the sentiment!

Brenda said...

Fantastic card, it is perfectly put together and your coloring is fabulous.

Martha said...

its adorable!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Very elegant! Well done!