Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Royal Wednesday Blog Hop


Happy Hopping!!!!!! It's time for our Royal Wednesday Blog Hop. If you've arrived here from the QKD blog, then you're in the right place...if not, hop on back over there and check out to see what's on tap for this week.
So, the challenge this week was a color challenge using teal and pink. Not exactly a color combination I use much, even though I like pink, I'm not a huge fan of teal.
So, I dug out Star and colored her up in teal using Prismacolor pencils blended with OMS. I even added some Stickles to her glasses and tail. I then layered up Taken with Teal cardstock and some Basic Grey paper. The sentiment is from the Fairie Tales stamp set.
Now, hop on over to Jules blog and see what amazing creation she has for you this week.
Happy Stampin,
Shannon

8 comments:

Queen Kat said...

tooo pretty!!!!! I love it.

Tex said...

"Star" looks fabulous in this color combo!

~Bev
www.savorthejourney.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com

Maigan Lynn said...

YAY!!!!! Agreed, Star looks FABULOUS! WTG Shannon!

kellyjean said...

Well, for not being a "big fan" of teal, you certainly did it justice. he he. Great job! Now, share please... what is OMS? and what did you do around our little mermaid (outer portions of the card stock) to create the "hightlighted" effect? I just love your coloring skills, girl!

Kelly Braund said...

Beautiful! Love the LO!

Alex said...

I agree- you did a wonderful job on this color combination, fan or not!!!

alienanessa said...

Oh Shannon, beautiful card!! And love that choice of BG paper!!!

Victoria said...

Fab coloring. What a fun layout to showcase a great stamp.