Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Queen Kat Designs August Release Blog Hop

Welcome to this month's release blog hop!!!! If you've come here from the Queen Kat Designs blog, then you're in the right place....if not, pop back over there for all the good info!

I have 2 cards to share with you today.....just because I couldn't decide on just one. Both cards feature the new mermaid "Lady and the Fox". And she's beautiful! So detailed and fun to color!!

My first card uses a fun technique I saw being demoed at the stamp show this weekend in Novi, MI. I stamped her with Black Staz-On ink on Acetate. Then on the reverse side, I added layers of glitter to the majority of the image. I colored her skin and parts of the background with Copics. And since I was working on the backside of the image I didn't have to worry about the Copics smearing the Staz-On ink. Isn't she sparkly??? I used some MuddPuddles on the bottom. The sentiment is from the "Fairy Tales" stamp set that was released a couple of weeks ago.
For my 2nd card for today I colored the entire image with Prismacolor Pencils. I then added some sweet little paper flowers I created with some little bitty punches. Yes, my hand still hurts from punching them all out. I added yellow Stickles to the center of each flower. I layered her up on some Basic Grey Lemonade papers...adding some fun twill and sheer ribbons.


You can click on each of the images to enlarge them to see more of the detail.

Now, hop on over to Jules blog....I know she has something amazing to share with you.

Happy Stamping,
Shannon

13 comments:

lotsa scrap said...

Each one is so beautiful, but I'm especially partial to the pink one.

Juls said...

both of these are just stunning! I can't decide which one is my favourite. beautiful! you are very talented!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

WoweeeeeWow Shan!!!!! And new mermaids!! These are sooo gorgeous!!!

Alex said...

These are beautiful! The colors and flowers on the pink/yellow one are so amazing and different from what I would have ever imagined that it gets my creative juices just going! Thank you!

andreamurdock said...

love these cards especially the second one, the pink just sets it off beautifully. i was at novi too on sat!!!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous cards Shannon! What a neat technique! Love the new mermaids!! Great job!

alienanessa said...

Boy, that first card is stinkin' amazing!! And all those flowers on the second, so worth it!!

Chrisd said...

So great. I really like the Prismacolor one and those fine flowers. Nice job.

Maigan Lynn said...

YAY!!!! SOOOOOO happy to see this piece as a stamp! When I first created "Fox and Lady" I had a bit of a snow white theme in mind - hence the apple! I LOVE her in pink! The second card is my fav - though they're both phenominal!! BEAUTIFUL work!!!!

Lara said...

She is SOOOO beautiful!! You did such a great job on these!!!

Tina said...

Amazing! Love all the details.

LORi said...

So Pretty!

Monika in VA said...

Good Grief! You are so talented! Those are the most beautiful Mermaids I've ever seen!!!