Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 16, 2009

GKD Color Challenge

It's been a very full day here at my house!!! I did manage to get 3 cards made today along with cleaning up the house and running some errands.

The card I have to share with you today is the one I created for Lee's color challenge at StampTV. The color combination was red, brown, and cream. I wasn't exactly sure where I was going with this card when I started out...and was actually going to go in a different direction at first, than what I ended up with. Go figure. I guess that's why I love this hobby so much!!!

I started out with a base of Close of Cocoa cardstock....added an embossed layer of Very Vanilla cardstock...and then the diecut layer of Riding Hood Red. I colored the leaves from the Signs of Autumn set from the new StampTV kit with Prismacolor pencils blended with OMS. The sentiment is from the Thanks a Million set that's also in the StampTV kit.

Happy Stampin'.
Shannon

Card Recipe
Stamps: Signs of Autumn and Thanks a Million from Gina K. Designs
Paper: Very Vanilla, Close of Cocoa, and Riding Hood Red cardstock from Stampin' Up!
Ink: Close of Cocoa, Tim Holtz distress inks in Scattered Straw and Antique Linen
Extras: Self Adhesive rhinestones, Stampin' Up!'s Lattice die, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, Textile Cuttlebug folder

4 comments:

Juls said...

love this, what a gorgeous autumnal feel! love the embossed background and the leaves are just beautiful!

Lisa H. said...

this is fabulous! love the lattice with that embossed background behind it-looks wonderful.

Kimberly said...

This is just gorgeous! :)

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

Ooohhh...I can almost feel fall in this card...

~ky