Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fun Inspiration

Morning!!! Are you having a great day yet? I am!!!!! hee hee....

I thought I'd share 2 cards with you today that I made for the Gina K Release Party last week. It's been just amazing being on Gina's July Center Stage Spotlight team.

Both cards use Melanie's newest set "Inspiration Mosaic". This set was a bit intimidating at first....but once I started playing with it, all these great ideas on how to use it just started coming to me. Melanie has also put together a tip sheet on her blog to help generate more ideas for this amazing set. This first card also uses the newest cardstock color Green Apple. It's sooooooooooooo yummy!!!! My order arrived yesterday so I don't feel the need to stash it away and savor it anymore. I paired it with Theresa's set from the last release "Happy Camper" that I had yet to ink up. Sheesh!!!! I stamped the grid first onto Gina K's Pure Luxury 120lb white cardstock in Memento Rich Cocoa after stamping it off twice first. I then stamped the mountain scene in Rich Cocoa and colored it with Copic markers. I did add some color to the trees with Prismacolor pencils. I used Bashful Blue to sponge in the sky. The lantern and sentiment are popped up on dimensionals. I added some swirls and branches along with a Kiwi Kiss button in the corner. See how well that "matches" with the Green Apple cardstock? Love it!!!!

This 2nd card features 2 of Melanie's sets...."Inspiration Mosaic" and my all time favorite "A Year of Flowers". The DP is from Emily's newest set "Timeless Treasures Solids", which is a freebie over at StampTV!!! Love that!!!
For this card I stamped the grid onto Gina K's 120lb Pure Luxury cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black. Then using Post-It notes as my masks, I stamped flowers into the 4 areas I wanted them. I also stamped in the sentiment in Tuxedo Black as well, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it just right. I colored the flowers and added the shading with Copics. I then stamped the grid again onto the blue and the rusty orangy colored paper that I printed out. I cut the sections I wanted from each and adhered them to the main grid. Added a MS butterfly punch with some rhinestones, and a paperclip from SU!
Did you see???? The new August CSS team has been announced on Gina's blog! I can't wait to see what fun challenges they come up with for us this month!
Also......Gina has a new technique, Watercolor Spritz, over at StampTV so make sure to check out that new video and play along with the challenge!!!
Happy Stamping!
Shannon
oh......stay tuned for another card or 2 later today featuring a new digital stamp company.....


4 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous cards! very stylish!

Mary Frances said...

Just beautiful Shannon!! Oh, and what's this about a new digital stamp company??? No holding out on me! haha.

Hugs,
Mary

paulatracy66 said...

Well, ya know I seen these cards are they are ever better in person...love that grid!!! Now toss the secrets out sister, or Mary will get wiggy on you! LOL

Monika in VA said...

Wonderful cards! The little mountain & tree scene is so well done & the Flower card is well, simply stunning!