Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 13, 2009

Popping Pastels....and stamp storage

I managed to get this card done yesterday for Gina's Poppin' Pastels challenge at StampTV. I haven't done this technique in what seems like forever!!!! The stamps are from the new Free with 3 set "Many Wishes". This set is perfect for this technique because of the solid images. I used Pebbles chalk in Earth Tones to add the color once I stamped the images in Versamark ink. I then stamped the stems in Mellow Moss ink and added Diamond Stickles to the flowers. I sponged Thatched Straw VersaMagic chalk ink around the image panel. The background paper is Core'dinations Whitewash paper embossed with the Stylized Flowers Cuttlebug embossing folder and then sanded.
As promised....here's what my stamp sets now look like......and as you can see, I'm not quite done yet. I used the binders and insert sheets that Gina sells to organize all my stamps. Gina has a few pics on her blog on how the stamps look in the binder....but I'm really pleased with how mine look on the outside!
Using PowerPoint and a whole lotta copy/paste I created inserts for each binder. On the side it lists the artist's name and the sets (up to 4 sets per binder) so at a glance I can see what set is where.
Then....and here's what I think is really great....on the front of each binder....I copied the set picture from the store website, resized it to fit, and placed all 4 to a page. Because I just don't have the time in a day to stamp out each stamp and keep a journal going. Now at a glance, not only do I know what set is in each binder, but what stamp is in each set!!!! Brilliant, I know!!! Ok, so I know I'm probably not the first one who thought of this, but I like to think I am.
What do you think????? I also kept all the coordinating sets together...so you'll see in this binder I have all of Melanie's flower sets together. I have another binder with all the "Tee's" sets, etc.
I'm off to work on dinner then a few more cards tonight.
Don't forget.......the Lucky 7 sale is still going on until midnight tonight. This is an opportunity you will not want to let slip by.
Happy Stampin,
Shannon

4 comments:

de said...

Wow, amazingly beautiful card Shannon!

I LOVE your organization too! Can you come do mine now?! :-)

Tonya said...

This is gorgeous!!

Hope you are doing well sweetie.

FibreJunky said...

Did you do this with just GinaK or with other companies too???

Something for you on my blog...eat the chocolate!! There's more where that came from.

Donna Baker said...

that is a great idea, Shannon! I LOVE it