Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

GKD May Release Challenges

Now that the Idol competiton is over, I've found all this free time for stamping. Especially now that my studio and house have been cleaned up top to bottom!!! I can now stamp without the guilt of knowing I'm neglecting my house.

So, I finally inked up the GKD stamps I got from last month's release and played along with 2 of the release night challenges.

This first card is for Theresa's "Make it Masculine" challenge. I decided to use one of my favorite manly color schemes....black, white and kraft. I stamps are from the "Guiding Light" set. And I'm loving this lighthouse!!!! Must get these stamps out more often. I colored it using Prismacolor pencils and OMS to blend. I also sponged on some Bashful Blue ink to the top of the layer....distressed it....and stitched it down with black thread. I added some yellow Stickles to the windows. I also adding stitching with white thread to the DSP layer. Then wrapped on some twine and tied on a Basic Grey button.


This sweet little card is for Cat's "Make an ATC" challenge.
I was able to dig into my now organized scrap stash and make this sweet little card. It's an ATC and measures only 3.5" x 2.5". I used Melanie's "Wee Tees" set for this. I stamped the onsie first on Pure Luxury cardstock, them used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the teddy bear and "snuggle" right where they should be. I colored the trim with Deco Yellow Prismacolor Marker, and added some silver glitter roller pen to the snaps. Cut it out and popped it up on the background. This would be the perfect little tag to add to a gift bag.
Happy Stamping,
Shannon

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your work, super job.

Tonya said...

These are both fabulous girlie!