Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Etsy Inspired #39

It's Saturday!!!!! Yippie!!!! And that means it's time for a new Etsy Inspired challenge. This week's store is WAY cool. It's called Chicy Creations. I could have created soooooooooooooooooo many different things. But for some crazy reason I've had chocolate on the brain today, so I created this candy bar wrapper. This Flower Hair Clip was my inspiration. The DP is from a grab bag I got from the Rusty Pickle at Mega Meet. I punched out the circles for the flowers then stitched around the edges on the sewing machine. My friend Theresa told me how!!! And once I tried it, it was so easy.....I think I might be addicted now. Then I distressed the edges slightly and crinkled them up. I also stitched around the sentiment panel. The stamps are from Melanie's "The Best Things in Life". I also added some faux stitching to the vellum layer with a white gen pen.
And of course....pull the ribbon and out slides the candy bar!!!!


This week's random.Kerry winner will win this velvet rose hair clip. All you have to do is go to to the Chicky Creations store and pick your inspiration piece, create any kind of project, and link it back to Ashley's blog by midnight PST on Friday June 12th and you'll be entered to win.

Check out the rest of the DTs projects for more inspiration...
Ashley Newell
Heather Schlatter
Jackie Bowman
Joy Stagg
Kerry Angeles
Jenn Coker

Happy Stamping!!!
Shannon

15 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is fabulous and so inspiring. Love the sentiment too.

Jackie said...

I've never made one of these Shannon! Yours came out great and I love the colors....excellent work & tfs!!!

Heather said...

Great Job on this Shannon, that cady bar wrapper is so gorgeous it would almost be hard to eat the chocolate!!!!

Love the way you made the paper flower!

Heather

de said...

Love this idea! And suddenly, I want chocolate! :-) LOVE the sewn flowers... will have to try that!

Joy said...

i love this!

Kerry said...

Love the distressed lollipop flower! Fun project!

Melody said...

I love those circles Shannon! I will have to give that a try! Love the neutral color combo. Great project!

FibreJunky said...

The best things in life are definitely chocolate! You are one amazingly talented woman.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Super yummy, Shannon! Love the DP you used! :)

Ashley said...

Ohhh, I love it! And yum, I want chocolate now!!

Jenn said...

I have to love anything with Chocolate! :)

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

OH you KNOW how to make us all drool!!! LOL What a beautiful way to make chocolate even MORE delicious!!

Emma said...

Wow this is so beautiful, I love lollipop flowers. It's such a calssy project.

Thanks for sharing x

misstreez said...

Hi Shannon, I thought I'd pop on over to see what you made with all those sewn circles. The flower looks GREAT. A chocolate all smothered in paper...Yum.

Tonya said...

This is fabulous girl!! Love the colors and textures. You rock!!