Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Whimsical Ink Sneaky Peeks!!!

Ladies and gentlemen....I'm pleased to be able to introduce you to Tilly. Isn't she beautiful???? I just love line images like this to color. So many options.

Tilly is a new stamp that will release as part of the Whimsical Ink line from Queen Kat Designs. These beautiful new images come to us from the extremely talented Maigan Lynn. She'll be bringing us all sorts of fun and funky images. 5 of which will release tomorrow!!!!

For this card, I started with a base of Night of Navy cardstock...and layered on a burgundy metallic. The DP is from the Bittersweet pack by Basic Grey. I colored Tilly using Prismacolor markers....using several shades to create depth and texture. I paper pieced her tail in the same burgundy metallic paper as the main layer. I colored in her "scales" and necklace with a silver Zig pen....watch it, it smears easily so do that step after the card is assembled...ask me how I know. The background was created by sponging on Bashful Blue and then Night of Navy inks just around the edges. The ribbon is retired Stampin' Up!

Want another peek at her? Go check out the Whimsical Ink Sorority blog. And while you're there make sure you pledge in our first hazing event.

Happy Stamping!
Shannon

2 comments:

BonnieRose said...

wow gf.. gorgeous!!!!

scrappypug said...

this is so pretty!