Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Unity KOM Guest DT Challenge

Don't you just adore the Unity Kit of the Month? I sure do!!!! This month, and every month to come until decided otherwise, they are putting out a challenge for the next month's KOM Guest Designer.

This month was a sketch challenge by Jenn Buck. I love sketch challenge and knew exactly what I wanted to do when I first saw the sketch. I've been in love with these adorable trees since I first laid eyes on them. I made the card a 5.5" square card just so I could use this image and still stick to the sketch. Since it a Guest DT spot up for grabs I didn't want to venture too far from the original idea. The trees were all colored first with Prismacolor Markers and then some were paper pieced.
The edges were all distressed and I even busted out the sewing machine....well I guess that's pretty easy to do now since it sits on the table next to my main table. But I did have to move over a bunch of new Unity stamps so I could get to it.
I hope you like it, as I had fun creating it. And I really hope the judges like it enough for it to win me the Guest DT spot.
Details
Stamps: April KOM by Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, DP by My Mind's Eye, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss buttons, Latte Buttons, Linen thread, Baja Breeze grosgrain ribbon, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, staples, sewing machine, mini and reg pop-dots
Happy Sunday!
Shannon

6 comments:

scrappypug said...

this is gorgeous! You would get my vote! Those trees are awesome and the ribbon trim is great.

Tonya said...

I ADORE this card, girl!! My birthday is in July. *grin* Every tiny detail is perfect! It is gorgeous, unique, creative and I love the colors and patterns. BEST of luck to you my dear.

Becky said...

love this card, and love the paper peicing.

Martha said...

love this card!

Michelle (mla1111) said...

Beautiful! I love all the distressing, fabric & sewing...

BonnieRose said...

love it... I need to use this stamp more... I just need to.... love your work!LOVE that canvas ribbon!