Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

MFT Idol Top 4 Project -- Flopsey's Birthday Party!!

It's the Top 4 week at MFT Idol!!! And this week we're celebrating with Flopsey! This week's theme was to use the set "Birthday Flopsey" that Kim so generously gifted to each of the Top 5 contestants.

First, I want to thank everyone that has voted to keep me in this competition up until this point....but I still need your support to become the first MFT Idol!!! There's a big prize for the winner....and a 6 mo. Design Team spot for one of the Top 4. I really want that spot!!!! I love working with all the MFT images...so fun to create different themes, and scenes and projects with. So, keep voting!!!! I've enjoyed every single week of this competition and I'm NOT ready to "go home" yet.

For this week....I created a birthday party for Kim!!! I had so much fun creating all of these items!!!
The first thing a birthday party needs is a cake. So, I made one! (Thanks to the template my sweet friend Ashley sent me) The cake is comprised of 12 cake slice favor boxes on the bottom layer, and 11 cake slice favor boxes for the top layer. I ran the top boxes thru the Big Shot with the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. Each box was cut by hand after printing the templates onto Whisper White cardstock. The roses on top were handmade by me as well using the SU! scallop circle punch and tweezers and lots of patience.
There are 11 Flopsey's around the base of the cake. Each is colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. The cakes were each paper pieced. Between the layers is a paper doily, and pearls around the base of the top layer.
And of course you have to have a birthday card. I created this using the "Out of the Box" technique for this ears. Flopsey is stamped on a MFT Perfect Paper Panel. When I first opened the pack I was thrilled with how thick these panels were!!!! I'm going to need alot more of these! Flopsey is colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, and the cake is paper pieced. There are even yellow Stickles on the flames. I even busted out the sewing machine to add some stitching to the DP panel. The scallop layer was cut using the square scallop nesties.
And you can't give a card without decorating the inside for a birthday...so I used another of the Perfect Paper Panels and stamped the sentiment on the inside. I finished it with a sewn DP layer.
Here's your invite to the party!!! It's a criss-cross card made using the instructions from SCS. Isn't it cute how Flopsey is peaking out there...just waiting to jump out and invite you to the party??
All the party details were printed onto Whisper White cardstock, them Flopsey was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol...and the cake with paper pieced....and yellow Stickles on the flames. The edges are sewn....very carefully around those rounded corners.
And every party girls needs a hat....so I made one. I used a party hat that I bought at the store as a template, and cut one from the same cardstock as the card and invite. Flopsey is colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol and the cake is paper pieced...and yellow Stickles on the flames. Then cut out using the Labels Two nesties. I even applied some fun fibers around the bottom.
And what's a party without a few noisemakers?? So, I adorned these plain noisemakers with Flopsey! Flopsey is of course colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol...and the cake is paper pieced...and yellow Stickles on the flames.
Here's a BIG candle for our birthday girl!!! The sentiments and Flopsey were first stamped onto white tissue paper, then colored, then transferred to the candle using wax paper. The ribbons and fibers are secured in the back with brads.
And you can't finish off the party without a sweet treat. So here are some cupcakes for you!!!
This time....I stamped Flopsey onto shrink plastic with black Staz-On ink. Once I shrunk him down in the toaster oven, I colored him with Prismacolor markers. Isn't he cute hanging out there on top of the cupcake??
Here's a closeup so you can see the Stickles on the flames......the sewing on the side....and the coloring with the shadowing.
I hope you've enjoyed Flopsey's birthday party for Kim!!!! If you did....make sure you go vote for me at the MFT forum on SCS starting tonight at 10pm Eastern.
Happy Stamping!!!
Shannon

26 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This WHOLE project is AMAZING!!! You rocked it out GF!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Great cake, and all the rest too!! I want to see you go all the way chicka! Rootin' for you!

Laura L said...

Wow, Shannon! You really out did yourself this week. Everything looks absolutely amazing. Now you will have to throw a party just to use it all :)

BonnieRose said...

oh. My. God.
amazing!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

Great Job Shannon!

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Shannon - you've gone to the MOON with this one. I absolutely adore this project (loved the others too). What a rockin' awesome job!
~ky

Ashley said...

Holy crap Shannon! I still need to pick my jaw up off the ground! This is AMAZING! AMAZING I tell ya, by far the most beautiful thing I've seen to date in this competition! I love love love everything you made esp the yummy cupcakes with the toppers! So cute! Everything is perfect and I'll be doing my usual vote for Shannon routine again this week. :)

Katy said...

absolutely amazing, girl! How do you find the time?!? I won't even hold it against you that you used stickles! hehe. Seriously, AWESOME job!!! And now I really want a cupcake :)

Kristen said...

.................... holy crap.... Shannon.. this is absolutely ridiculous! :) You sure know how to bring it! I am so proud of you for making it this far in the competition, and for giving me so much inspiration! {hugs}

BloomingPink said...

Astounding! I truly wish for you that DT position. You deserve it!

Joy said...

omg shannon, I'm FLOORED, this is awesome!

Tonya said...

You are AMAZING!! This project is the best to date from any of the idols. You rock on sistah!! You DESERVE to be in this competition. ((hugs))

Kelli said...

I had to go to the Blog to look...I cant stand SCS clicking and waiting... OMG the detail..... OK< I HAVE To go gush more at SCS...the CB on the pieces and the pearls and OH MY!!!!!

scrappypug said...

wowza! The set is just to die for! way to go!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow this is just amazing!!

Martha said...

so so cute, all your projects are aamazing!
now I want a cupcake ;)

dougnat said...

dang girl!!! total fabulousness!

de said...

Wow Shannon! Simply amazing! I'll be voting again!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

YOU are my idol!!!!! Oh I don't even know what to say............just HOLY WOW!!!!!!

FibreJunky said...

Ho-ly macaroni!! I'm astounded. The other 3 had better watch out!!

Robynccgirl said...

I am in awe!!! Amazing girl! This looks so great! Have I told you my real name is Kim??? Just kidding. I will be voting for ya!

Marcy H ~~ MI said...

Shannon,

Absolutely INCREDIBLE... Boy this must have taken you along time to complete. You sure deserve to win with this great project.


Marcy

Marti - Pez-A-Doodle Design Studios said...

*pickin my chin up off the floor as i type* that is simply unbelievable!!!!!!!! just stunned!!!

Karen said...

Shannon - this is absolutely amazing. I am off to vote for you!!

Hugs,
Karen

Jennifer Talley said...

OMG!! Everything is just too cute and amazing! I am loving all of it! Just voted for you! You are in second place now!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, Your out of Control. Good Luck, Pooh

Tammy said...

OMG! Shannon these are absolutely AMAZING! I just came across your blog and will definitly be stalking you ;) Just fantastic! :)