Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Hip Hop Hangover for Heros!!!

Happy Hip Hop Hangover!!!! Yesterday's DT blog centered around heros because of the upcoming Memorial Day holiday....and we're doing the same for Hip Hop Hangover!

Naturally, I picked my Dad!!! He's ex-military...and my personal hero. He's always there for me whenever I need him...and sometimes when I don't think I do. And my yard wouldn't look the same without him. Ok...so the pic is a few years old, Dec. 2004....but it's the only one I have on my laptop of just me and my Dad. Here are the cards I created for this week's Unity challenges....the first is for the Oh My Word challenge...to make a card centered around a phrase..... I picked "Create Yourself" as my phrase to use. I added lots of distressing, sewing, and Stickles....yes, Katy....Stickles!!!!
And here's the winning card for the "Oh my Stars" challenge. I've been dying to ink up this stamp from "Folk Inspired" since I got it...and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. And....I got to you my new toy....a Scor-Bug!!!! I have a feeling it will quickly become my favorite tool. I added Stickles (yep, more of them....I know, breathe Katy...it will be ok) to the centers of the stars and squares.
Make sure to swing by all the other HHH posts today to see all the other heros and inspiration out there.
And....Angela has some AMAZING specials going on this week.....including 30% off your order!!!! Go shop!!!
Happy Stamping!!!
Shannon

21 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful cards, Shannon! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Good Luck card! :)

scrappypug said...

such beautiful cards!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love both of these!!

Jacqueline said...

beautiful cards shannon! congrats on the win! thanks for sharing your story!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great cards!!!

BonnieRose said...

gorgeous Shannon!

de said...

Love the cards! The pic of you and your dad is very special! TFS.

Martha said...

both are amazing, love the colors!

Lisa F said...

Beautiful cards! Love them both!

Lisa H. said...

graet work, gf! love the cards, nice and simple and clean-just what you need with the MFT finals coming up. have a great weekend.

ANAT S said...

beautiful cards!

Robynccgirl said...

Gorgeous cards Shannon! Love the stickles! Poor Katy, you are giving her a heart attack, lol!

BloomingPink said...

Beautiful cards!

And you look quite different!

Dawn K. said...

just love that second card. your dad sounds like a great guy!

Jessy said...

Shannon- beautiful cards. and what a great pic of you and your dad. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love that pic of you and your dad, too. How great that he served for so long.

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

What a wonderful photo of you and your Dad!!! How special!! And of course your cards are amazing....congrats on winning with that gorgeous Star card!!!

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

You guys look so cute together. Who knew you were a red head?

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

I adore both of these cards. Congrats on winning the "star" challenge, too! ~ky

Katy said...

They are pretty cards, Shannon...in spite of the stickles!! :) I used glitter on a card yesterday without being forced too...I'm coming around! The picture of you and your dad is super sweet!

FibreJunky said...

Beautiful cards - as usual! The Good Luck card is gorgeous - and I really love the pic of you and your dad.