Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

MFT Idol Top 6 One-Layer Card

It's "go time" again for the MFT Idol competition. This week's challenge was to create a one-layer card. And since I just received some new MFT stamps in the mail I decided to ink them up and put them to use.I used the stamp sets "Funky Flowers" by Sara Williams and "Happiest Birthday Wishes". I created an embossed frame using one of the Long Rectangle Nestabilities flat-side down. I stamped the vase first, then the 3 larger flowers masking 2 to create dimension. Then with all 3 masked off, stamped the smaller flowers, leaves and stems. The stems involved some masking in order to lengthen them since you'd be able to see them in the "glass" vase. I colored the 3 large flowers, leaves, vase, and shadows with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I used Post-It Notes along the embossed line and sponged Bashful Blue ink on the top of the card front. I used Yellow Stickles on the flower centers, and Orange and Xmas Red Stickles on the flowers. Xmas Red stickles were also used to create the 2 dots next to the sentiment. I also added a layer of Crystal Effects to the vase. I used the embossed frame as a guide line to add the piercing above the bouquet.
And I couldn't just leave the inside plain....so I added a couple flowers along with the sentiment on the inside. I used the same Prismacolor Pencils and Stickles on the inside as on the front.

Closeup pics for you can see the coloring, Stickles and Crystal Effects better.....


Card Details.....
Stamp Sets: "Funky Flowers" by Sara Williams, "Happest Birthday Wishes"
Cardstock: 120lb Pure Luxury CS by Gina K. Designs
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Ridng Hood Red, Memento Tuxedo Black, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol, Orange Stickles, Yellow Stickles, XMas Red Stickles, Paper Piercer and template, Crystal Effects, Long Rectangle Nestabilities, Stampin' Sponges

Voting Starts at 10pm Eastern time tonight...and will be open for 24 hours at the MFT Forum on SplitCoastStampers.

Happy Stamping!!
Shannon


10 comments:

Valerie G said...

I love your card! It's perfect!

Heather said...

Oh my STAMPS girl this card has so much deminsion there is no way I would have thought it was a 1 layer card!!!

You did an amazing job coloring this and the sparkle is wonderful!!!

I hope you stay in it girl!!!

Heather

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! Ding ding ding ding - this one has it all! You rock.
~ky

Jacqueline said...

this is gorgeous shannon!!! Hands down winner!! Love the sparkle of this card!!

BonnieRose said...

wow!!!!!!!

FibreJunky said...

Shannon!!!! That is amazing!! I can't believe how gorgeous this is! One-layer card? Holy crap! You've knocked this outta the ballpark, baby!

Ashley said...

This is AWESOME Shannon! It has amazing depth and dimension for a one layer card! I love it! You did a great job!

Karen said...

Awesome card and love that crystal effects! Beautiful. I voted for you girl...good luck!!

-Karen

Lisa H. said...

yeah! saw this beautiful creation in your SCS gallery this morning and I fell in love. this is soooo pretty! love, love, love it! good luck!

Jennifer Talley said...

I love how you did the crystal effects on this! It looks awesome!