Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MFT Idol Top 5 "Frame It"

Ok.....this week's Idol Theme was "Frame It". That's pretty wide open!!!! When I was at IKEA this weekend to buy a couple more table for my studio and to get some pictures for the room my sister is staying in.....the idea came to me. Why not make picture for her room?!?! How perfect!

The frame came with the 3 opening mat....YAY!!!! So, I created the 3 scenes for each one. I etched the glass by cutting the saying out on my Cricut and using glass etching cream. Which was really pretty easy once I figured out how long to let the solution set. Everything had to be kept simple, since the glass sits right on top of the mat....no think layers or embellies allowed!
Here's a shot of it without the glass.

And here's the 3 closeup shots of the 3 different scenes. Each of the girls dresses and gloves were paper pieced, as was the store wall. Everything else was colored with either Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol or Prismacolor Markers....depending on the look I wanted.
Here's a closeup pic of the Boutique so you can see the texture and shine to her dress, as well as the self-adhesive rhinestones on her necklace and earrings.

Well, that's it....until next week (hopefully!!!)

Remember, that decision is now up to you World!!!! Go vote in the MFT forum at SCS!!!! You can vote for more than one entry, but you can only vote once. My screen name at SCS is Mrs. Mac! Voting opens at 10pm and runs for 24 hours.

Happy Stamping!!!

Shannon





3 comments:

Dawn K. said...

love it girl!! great detail!!!

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

Wow, Shannon! HOME RUN!!! I wish my brain was a freaked as yours. You come up with some fabby original ideas! I'll need a tutorial for the etching cream.
~ky

Jacqueline said...

oh wowwy!!! I love this!! I love the three different scenes and I love this set too!! What sis wouldnt want this in their room, you rock!!!!