Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #26

It's Wednesday.......time for Cuttlebug Be Inspired!!!! This week's challenge was to create an Easter project using vellum. And this is what my twisted mind came up with. I really need to get these difficult ideas out of my head!!!! The card was super simple and easy! I used the "D'vine Swirl" embossing folder on the vellum layer. The stamps are ones from one of the new releases from Gina K Designs "Easter Blessings". I colored the flowers and leaves with Prismacolor Markers.
This little basket was quite the idea......I saw the tutorial on the main page at SCS and decided to try making one in vellum!!!!! What was I thinking? It was really difficult to work with trying to get the bottom set. Then it's so slippery, the top layers kept slipping out. But I prevailed and managed to get it all stuck together. Once I completed the top trim piece and taped that on, the basket actually became pretty sturdy! I have it filled with chocolates and you can actually lift it by the handles. You can find the tutorial here at SCS.

Come play with us this week!!!! Create your project and leave a link with Mr. Linky on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog. This week's sponsor CropStop.com is offering up a $5 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners!!! So make sure you play along to win.

Happy Stamping!
Shannon

16 comments:

Laura L said...

Shannon, these are gorgeous! I love the vellum basket. If I had a little more time, I would have to try it myself. I'll have to settle for gawking at yours for now :)

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Wow, I am so impressed with your use of the vellum! Excellent!

cardcrazy said...

Great job on the card & basket Shannon! I was trying to do this at first and got frustrated! LOL
Peggy

Mrs J said...

Wow Shannon! These are gorgeous and fantastic! I love the look of the embossed vellum on the card, so smple yet stunnng, and your basket is amazing! Worth all the effort for sure! Think I'll have to give this one a try myself sometime, thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Karen said...

The card is so pretty and that basket is just amazing! Great take on the vellum challenge, as you have outdone yourself!! :-)

Heidi Van Laar said...

Oh wow! Your card is beautiful, but your basket blows me away! What an amazing creation!

Eva said...

Shannon, both your card and basket are just gorgeous!!! But the basket is just way cool. So creative!!!

Martha said...

just beautiful!

Allison said...

love the card and the basket is adorable
AllisonX

Ching-a-ling said...

you kill me, you kill me, you kill me Shannon! That basket is ADORABLE!! I swear it looks just like a Longaberger! You've got skills girl!

lisa808 said...

Love the vellum basket.

Lea L. said...

Wow...this is utterly gorgeous! I am amazed by that vellum basket....just wow! Great job this week!

~Lea

Cassie said...

this basket is just amazing shannon!!! congrats on making the next round of MFT idol!!

Nathalia Castellon said...

This is so charming and elegant! The card and basket are just so beautiful!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness Shannon, I can't believe you made a vellum basket!!! How great! And I love your card, the stamp is just perfect!
Hugs
Amber

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card and basket! Love the image, the blue colors, the brads... everything... TFS!