Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Viva Las VSN!!!!

***scroll down for the Unity WR Blog Hop post***

Yesterday was the first mini VSN for the Big May Viva Las VSN Event!!! And since I'm one of the showgirls I wanted to create cards for each of the challenges. Well...I got 5 out of the 6 done. And it's not to late for you to play along! Uploads aren't due until 10pm Monday.

This first card is for the Circus Circus Challenge. We were to make a card inspired by the circus and use orange somewhere as well. This second card is for the Bellagio challenge. We were to create a card inspired by the glass flower ceiling. So, we had to incorporate a transparency and flowers.

The third card is for the Venetian challenge. We were to be inspired by the colors in the Venetian's lobby....yellow/gold, white/cream, burgundy, and blue.

This forth card is probably my favorite....it was for the Mandalay Bay challenge. We were to create a card using the shark reef as our inspiration and incorporate a playing card. And what's a Vegas themed VSN without a showgirl....so I added one to this card....cute, huh? Any guesses on how I made her feathery skirt?

The fifth challenge....The Paris....is the one I didn't have time to finish...maybe later today I will. The challenge is to make a View-Master card.
The last challenge...The Luxor...was to create a triangle shaped card and use the faux felt technique. I personally don't like how this one turned out...neither did my mom! Sheesh! I think it looks like some strange mixed up Vegas acid trip. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and what I may not like, others will. Plus I'm my own harshest critic.


Remember....there's still time to play today! Just have your uploads into SCS with all the proper keywords by 10pm Eastern Monday! Can't see what you create with all these fun challenges.
Hugs,
Shannon


PS.....Stop by and sign up as a follower at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog....they're giving away lots of prizes thru the 30th!!!! And there are sneak peeks as well for new Provocraft products.

9 comments:

laos348 said...

What a fabulous set of cards! I like them all!

Tonya said...

Gorgeous cards Shannon! That beautiful skirt is made from the Unity dream tree. Genius idea!!

JennK said...

I think you are so funny..fab cards!

Kristen said...

Shannon these are gorgeous!!!! I hope you are having fun with the ladies at your crop :)

Gramrussell said...

Sounds like you had SOOOO much fun. These are great challenges but tough to get them all done. I love how you interpreted them. Great cards.

Sarah E. said...

I absolutely love your cards! They are incredible! Enjoy your evening! :)

Chrissy D said...

Wow! This is beautiful!!!

Martha said...

ahh love the candy one.
great cards.

Becky said...

These are all gorgeous, you have been busy.