Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 6, 2009

PMS Inspiration Challenge

This week's PMS Challenge was to find inspiration from the art of Katie's fairy illustrator Diem Bach Pascarella. So I cruised thru her 2 sites and WOW....amazing illustrations, drawings, watercolorings, print/commercial work, and the list goes on and on.

I ended up picking the little alligator from this post on her blog. I used the general layout and color scheme to create a very simple card. I used a sponge in a swipping motion on Whisper White cardstock to create the background. The sentiment is stamped in More Mustard. I stamped the butterfly in Night of Navy and colored it with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil. The ribbon was part of a blog candy pac I got from Cathy. (Thanks girl!! The goodies are all awesome...love the little DT dog.)

Ok....back to stampin....

Hugs,
Shannon

Card Details...
Stamps: "Buggy Sayings" by Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard, Night of Navy
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils and baby oil, pop dots, satin ribbon

5 comments:

~*Joni said...

Shannon, your inspired card is beautiful! I love your interpretation, this week's challenge was an out of the box one, but so much art to choose from makes it fun. You nailed it! I love the BG on this, very clean and sweet.

Ashley said...

Very very pretty Shannon!

FibreJunky said...

I love how pretty and soft this card is.

Becky said...

very pretty, I love this butterfly it is colored beautifully.

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

this is so sweet and beautiful!