Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Week One MFT Idol Project

Thanks to everyone who voted for me! I'm in the Top 9!!!!!! Same time and place next week!

Voting is live here!!!!! My SCS Screen name is Mrs. Mac.

Oh...boy....well here goes nothing!!!!

This is my project for Week One of MFT Idol. Voting opens to the SCS public tonight at 10pm Eastern so please come join us in the MFT forum and vote for your favorite projects.... hopefully mine is one of them. Since I like to celebrate all my victories...large and small...with a tasty glass of vino, I figured this celebration wasn't any different! So I wanted to create a "Celebration" project to reflect that. I created a card that pretty much explained how I felt that night after they announced that I was the in the Top Ten. I remember Joy and Sara wondering where I went because I had just commented a few moments prior to the announcement....then disappeared. They were all wondering if I had fallen off my chair or something...when in actuality I "was having a stampgasm!!!!!" Whoooo.....hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited and thrilled I didn't know what to do. To celebrate (and calm myself down) I opted for a glass of wine, as a toast to myself, the other Top Ten contestants and for all the amazing work everyone did.
Here's the card itself. I paper pieced and colored with both Prismacolor markers and Prismacolor pencils/Gamsol "Who's that E-Girl" and masked it off to stamp the "Lavender" so it looks like it's sitting behind her chaise lounge. I added a zig-zag stitch sewing around the main panel and the DP strip on the bottom. The papers are all from the Basic Grey "Porcelain" pack. The sentiment is from "Twisted Sentiments".

I even added some Angel Wings Shimmerz to the flowers. Because every card deserves a little bling!!!


And here's the bottle!!! I paper piece and colored the label the same as I did on the card. The label itself is from Gina K....it's a waterproof label meant for just this!! I've had them for awhile, but haven't used one until now. And Gamsol works great for taking off the residue from removing the old label that was on there.

Here's a better look at the label itself while it's on the bottle....

And before, while it was still flat after I finished. I used Tim Holtz "Tattered Rose" distress ink around the edge. The sentiment is from "Digital Girl". I really love how all the MFT sets work so well together.

Now...the cute little tags. Yep, shrink plastic!!!! I stamped each with either the "Lavender" or "Chamomile" stamp in Black Staz-On ink. Then I colored them with Prismacolor markers and Gamsol. I added a little jump ring thru the hole I punched before shrinking. And tied on the ribbon.




Well....that's it. I hope you like it and that it's good enough to put me into next week. Remember....the voting it now up to you!!!! Rush over to the MFT forum and vote. The polls open at 10pm Eastern tonight and will remain open until 10pm tomorrow night. You can vote for multiple projects, but you can only vote once.

I'm going to go enjoy that glass of wine now that I can relax!!! And clear off my desk....I have every single MFT set I own, several ink pads, dew drops, pliers, ribbons, paper scraps, cards, rulers, blocks, pieces of cards I didn't use, and shrink plastic all over the place.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Shannon














18 comments:

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

WOW! You've knocked this outta tha park! I love it - so creative, original and your technique is flawless. You shouldn't have a problem moving to the next round.
~ky

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhhhh wow!!! This is totally amazing!!! I love the shrinky dink tags!!! And all the paper piecing is just fabulous!!! A total winner Shannon!!!

FibreJunky said...

I am all agog. Speechless. Just wow. TFG - totally freakin' gorgeous!!

Ashley said...

Shannon, this is AMAZING! I absolutely love every single thing that you did here and there's A LOT! Good job and I'm voting for you later!

Kristen said...

ok.. my jaw just dropped to the floor. I can't tell you how excited I am for you! :) This set is elegant, gorgeous, and absolutely phenomenal!! Shannon your work here is amazing hun! I am so happy for you! I will be voting later on! :)

Tonya said...

You ROCK sista, You ROCK! I adore this set and I do mean adore. Love every single thing about it......colors, images, LO of the card, embellishments....ALL of it! Best of luck to you my dear, although looking at this, I don't think you need it.

Hugs

Martha said...

so so amazing!
so so talented ;)

Jacqueline said...

LOVE these!!! You rock shannon!! You will make it to the next round NO problem!! I will vote for you tonight!!

Joanne Travis said...

Shannon, these are absolutely fabulous! Such beautiful attention
to detail. Really excellent work!

Joy said...

I love it, you have my vote!

Danni said...

This is just awesome!! great job!

Kerry J. said...

This is so pretty! I love your wine label and the masking on your card!!! Amazing job and good luck!!

Becky said...

This is so gorgeous, love how you did the card and bottle, just amazing.

Maggie said...

omg Shannon you so rawk this :)
Luv the set:)
Maggie

Cassie said...

love it shannon! this is sooo you with the wine!! what a great first - of many - projects!! i'm rooting for you!!

Jenn said...

Just letting you know that you got my vote, AWESOME job!

Allison said...

just awesome, fab project
AllisonX

Alison Anderson said...

That wine bottle is SO great!! I have a ton of friends that would LOVE this!