Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 7, 2009

My MFT Idol Submission

My Favorite Things is have an Idol competition! And how could I not enter when I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their stamps? The winner gets a $250 GC for MFT! Too good to pass up. Once the top 10 are selected by the judges, there will be weekly contests that are voted on by you, the Amercian public. And it's not too late for you to enter either. You have until midnight Sunday night to enter. But since we're in the middle of a severe thunderstorm and have lost power twice now (just for a second or two) I'm going to enter this now instead of holding off til tomorrow in case something happens and I can't get the picture entered.
Here's my project!!! It's an 8x8 artist canvas. I used it as a way to make a fun "about me" type scrapbook/home decor item. I used Summer Sun reinkers to "stain" the canvas. Which as I found out doesn't dry very fast.....if at all on a preprimed canvas. Heat setting it did seem to help somewhat. Then I layer on the embellies and pic just like you would a scrapbook page. Although the ribbon is wrapped around and stapled to the back.
Here's a closeup shot so you can see that I added some 5/16" brads to each of the corners. I did so by removing the legs from the back and securing them with a mini pop dot and a glue dot.
The buttons are from the "Button Latte" set by SU! and are held on by either mini glue dots or mini pop dots for height.
I paper pieced the wall behind "Digital Girl" with paper from Basic Grey. I used Prismacolor pencils on her dress and the desk and Prismacolor markers on the chair and floor. The sentiments are from a couple of MFT stamp sets...."Twisted Sentiments" and "Digital Girl".
Hope I picked the right song....I mean project to get into the Top 10!!! I know how important song...I mean project...choice is in a competition like this.
Wish me luck!!!!
Hugs,
Shannon

5 comments:

Donna said...

oh my word, Shannon! this is FANTASTIC - you know you got my vote, girl! you look super HOT in this pic by the way...hope you're feeling better!!

Lisa Phillippi said...

Great page! Good luck I hope you win!

Joy said...

cute cute cute, love it!!!!! lots of luck!!!!!

wendyp said...

This is fantastic!!! Good luck!

Tracey said...

Wow! Love this! Great project!