Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

Melanie's Split Screen Challenge

Melanie is hosting a "Potluck Friday" challenge over at Stamp TV. This week she picked the "Split Screen". It's where you take one main focal image and split it apart. I actually just did another card with this technique, but you're just going to have to wait to see that one.


For this card I used Melanie's "A Year of Flowers" and "Say it with Flowers" sets. They really are my go-to sets. I love all the different floral images in the set that you can use individually or layer up for a big floral bouquet. Here I started with a piece of Shimmer White cardstock and stamped each of the flowers in Chocolate Chip ink using the masking technique to overlay the image. The leaves are stamped in Always Artichoke. Then I colored the image using Prismacolor markers with lots of blending.

Then I split the image into 3 and mounted it onto a Chocolate Chip panel. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Hugs,
Shannon

Card Details....
Stamps: "A Year of Flowers" and "Say it with Flowers" by Gina K Designs
Paper: "Granola" by Basic Grey, Chocolate Chip by SU!
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke by SU!, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Paper Piercer and template, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, Prisamcolor Markers, "Sunny" Shimmerz

5 comments:

Ashley said...

This is gorgeous Shannon! I love the flowers!

Lisa Phillippi said...

Oooh pretty flowers! I am a flower fanatic! Great colors & design!

Becky said...

beautiful job, love this and love the colors, this blue is just so pretty.

laos348 said...

Very pretty - the flowers are gorgeous and that image is perfect for this technique.

Donna said...

beautiful! lots of masking...the colors are so awesome (blue again?) ha j/k I know it's your favorite color