Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Friday.....HHH Day!!!!!

It's my very first Hip Hop Hangover!!!!!! Last night was a blast! The Unity girls are so much fun to hang with. Even when SCS is being whack!!!!

This first card I made for the Rewind Challenge. Ok, so I don't have any old Unity stamps since my first order was last week.... But these are from that first order and not the ones I picked up from the LSS the other day. So they aren't my newest Unity stamps, so that has to count for something....right?

I created the base out of 120lb Pure Luxury cardstock from Gina K. Designs. Then I stamped around the edges with one of the stamps from the "Growing in Unity" kit. I colored the flowers with Prismacolor markers and added Shimmerz. The scallop punch is a new one from EK Success....same with the photo corners.


This card I did for the Tag! You're It! challenge. And it uses one of the stamps I picked up at my LSS "My! What a Beautiful Tree" I first inked it with my Stampin' Write markers....water based....then misted it with water and stamped it onto watercolor paper which I cut out using the Top Note Sizzix die. It's ok, but not really what I was hoping for. The card base is from SU!'s new DSP Urban Oasis. The little tag was cut out using a Cuttlebug die and the ribbon is some velvet ribbon I picked up at Michael's yesterday at lunch.

Gotta run! Come chat with us today in the HHH chat thread at SCS. We're a ton of fun....and a little crazy! Oh, and psychic too!!!! Make sure to stop by the Unity blog to find all the other HHH links....and go shop all the great specials at the Unity store.


Hugs,
Shannon

17 comments:

Jacqueline said...

The first card counts as fitting the challenge, the sentiments have been around since the beginning and so has growing in Unity, so you did it! Great cards Shannon, love to see more Unity lovers out there!!

Ashley said...

Gorgeous cards Shannon! I love them both, they are just stunning!

Kristen said...

oo Shannon these are gorgeous cards! :) I am so happy you found Unity, and yay for this being your first HHH!

Kerry said...

Great cards! So glad you have joined the Unity group! :)

Tonya said...

Hiya girlie! Fabulous cards!
Thanks so much for sharing.

Lisa F said...

CUTE! Love how you colored the tree on the second card!

Jen said...

Wow, love your cards and love that "life is about creating" stamp. Awesome creativity!

FibreJunky said...

I think she meant "not new" as in not any of the more recent releases. Either way, it worked. You obviously found your mojo!!

Tinker's Mom said...

Oooh, I really love the colors here. And, your blog is so pretty!
~ky

Martha said...

love them both!

BloomingPink said...

Leaving you some luvin'.

All the cards you do are just scrumptious. I see why you are in the top 10 MFT!

Good luck...and remember to remind us so we don't forget to cast our vote for ya!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

I love both of these so pretty.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Super cards, I especially like the 1st one the saying is perfect!

Heather said...

Shannon,

Both of these are very cool. I love the million different ways to use the top note!!! It is the best thing since sliced bread!!! LOL!!!

You did a great job on both of these cards and I love what you did with that tree so so pretty!!!

Heather

Becky said...

Shannon this are just lovely, love this tree very different.

Dawn K. said...

love both of them!

Joanne Travis said...

I love that sentiment, Deb. Both cards are so lovely.