Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gina K March Release Challenge Cards

I've been so very busy lately!!! But I wanted to make sure I got at least 2 of the release challenges done for the Gina K. Designs March release party.

This first card I created for the first challenge: Spring Time. I created this card using the "A Year of Flowers" and "Say it with Flowers" stamp sets. The flowers are colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. This is the first card I've used actual Gamsol on and I really like the way the flowers turned out. It was so super easy to blend. The DP is from Basic Grey's "Porcelain" paper pack. I added some Crystal Effects to the leaves and little drops of it to some of the petals.
This second card I managed to crank out in about 30 mins when I got home from dinner last night for the 3rd challenge: Sketch Time. It uses the "Home Tweet Home" stamp set. I had the idea in my head for this card...and even had to cut up the stamp set first before using it, since it's so new I haven't had the time to do that yet....but it didn't quite turn out like I thought. I really like the main image panel, but not the tag or the little popped up bird house. And for some reason the pearls look crooked in the pic, but they really aren't in real life. Again, I used Prismacolor markers and Gamsol to color the images.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Shannon


1 comment:

Heather said...

Shannon,

You did up some gorgeous cards here!!! Your works is so pretty and I really enjoy looking at all of your samples!!!

Heather