Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

Gina K "Kissing Technique" Challenge

Have you been over to Stamp TV yet? I've been lurking over there since it launched, but haven't had time with all my other work going on to play along with the weekly challenges. Well I was finally able to!! I picked Gina K's "Kissing Technique" challenge. It's a technique that I've done before but it's been quite awhile since I've created anything using it.

For this card I used the "Little Tees" and "Perfectly Polished" sets by Gina K. Designs. First I inked up the solid tee with Creamy Caramel, then inked up the spots from SU!'s "Itty Bitty Bachgrounds" in Night of Navy and stamped those onto the tee. Then I stamped that onto my Shimmer White paper. I stamped the candles from the "Perfectly Polished" set onto the tee image in Chocolate Chip. I added some shadows and color to the flowers with Prismacolor markers. I then cut it out and mounted it on the blue layer with dimensionals.

I highly encourage you to swing over to the site if you haven't already. Gina offers up some great video tutorials!!!

Hugs,
Shannon

Card Details....
Stamps: "Little Tees" and "Perfectly Polished" by Gina K Designs, "Itty Bitty Backgrounds" by Stampin' Up!
Paper: "Granola" by Basic Grey, Chocolate Chip and Shimmer White by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Night of Navy and Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up!
Accessories: Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, hardware by We R Memory Keepers

4 comments:

Perky Nihilist said...

What a gorgeous card. It's been ages since I've tried the kissing technique - thanks for the reminder.

What I like best about how you put the image together was how my first thought was, " I'd totally buy that shirt!"

Gorgeous work and congrats on being Ms. March!

Lisa Phillippi said...

I just joined that site yesterday! Great card & I still have yet to try that technique! Tomorrow is another day!

Donna said...

what a fabulous tee! I'd totally wear it-glad you played - don't forget to play in my challenge *wink*

Rosie Lilya said...

Shannon- this is gorgeous! I have this stamp too, and mine never look this great! I'm gonna have to try again