Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #23

Happy Wednesday!!!! And you know what that means......it's Cuttlebug Be Inspired Wednesday. This week's challenge was to use punches in a creative/unusual way. Ugh! I didn't have a clue!!!! Well, I found this site that offers lots of ways to use punches to create flowers. And I decided to create an anniversary card complete with a floral bouquet of sorts. I followed her tutorial here for the scallop roses and this one for the other scallop circle flower. I added the leaves made with the 5-petal punch and the branches from the EK Success punch.
The circle was cut out using the Scallop Circle die and embossed with the "Textile" Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The Riding Hood Red panel is embossed with the "Distressed Stripes" Cuttlebug Folder. The edge on the scallop circle was created by crimping a piece of Whisper White cardstock that had been punched using a new EK Success edge punch and adhering it to the back of the circle. The card base is embossed with the "Swiss Dots" Cuttlebug folder.

Come join us at Cuttlebug Challenge!!! We're being sponsored this week by Shealynn. And this week's random winner gets to choose a camera strap from Shealynn.

Thanks for stopping by! And don't forget to vote for me...I mean your.... favorite MFT Idol on SCS!!!!!


Hugs,

Shannon


18 comments:

Cindy said...

WOW!!!! This is so pretty! I voted too :o)

Mrs J said...

Shannon, this is absolutely stunning! Love how you've made the bouquet (I've got to get a scallop punch now, along with all the others, lol!). Gorgeous colours too. Great take on a challenging challenge!
Hugs Mrs Jx
P.S. Good luck with your MFT Idol project!

Allison said...

oooh Shannon this is great, the flowers are wonderful
AllisonX

Karen said...

Wow! I love those flowers!! This is such a beautiful card Shannon!

Lea L. said...

Wow Shannon!! This is utterly gorgeous...all thr punching you did is just exquisite! Amazing job with the challenge this week!

~Lea

Nathalia Castellon said...

I've got to agree, the word that first comes to mind is gorgeous and that's exactly what your card is!

dannisdoodles said...

gorgeous my friend, absolutely gorgeous!

Heather said...

Wow Shannon,

This card is so so gorgeous!!! I love all the deminsion and your flowers are so so pretty and elegant!!!

You did an amazing job on this card.

I am going to go edit my post to tell them to go vote for you!!!

Heather

Cindy Haffner said...

Stunning, I just love this.

Rosemary said...

Shannon, this is gorgeous!!..Love those flowers and the whole corner design!

Becky said...

Shannon, this is just breathtaking :), I love the arrangement,and the use of all the cg folders.

JennK said...

Just lovely!! What a wonderful bouquet of flowers you made.

Cassie said...

This is perfection Shannon! Who is going to get this amazing card!?!?!?! Oh, she's a lucky gal indeed!!

Congrats on making the Top 9!! Can't wait to see what you have for the next challenge!!

lisa808 said...

Wow! How gorgeous. The flowers are amazing.

Amber said...

Wow Shannon, how beautiful! So lovely! Good luck Ms. Idol:)
Hugs
Amber

Eva said...

Shannon, this is such a WOW!!!! Amazing!!! I have to check that tutorial out!

cardcrazy said...

Great job this week, I love the look of the flowers!
Peggy

Captain Scrappy said...

This is beautiful!