Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #21

--second post of the day, scroll down for the MFT Blog Hop post--


This week’s Be Inspired Challenge was to use watercoloring on a project. I used a faux watercoloring on the background piece. How I did that was I took my “Distressed Stripes” Cuttlebug Embossing folder and rubbed my ink pad over one side. I spritzed it with water, placed a piece of watercolor paper in and ran it thru my Big Shot using my normal sandwich. Once it dried I sponged Distress Ink over the whole piece.

To create the flowers I stamped them onto watercolor paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I watercolored them using reinkers and a paint brush. I then cut them out and layered them onto the card front.

If you play along with us this week, make sure to leave your link at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog with Mr. Linky. I can’t wait to see what you create using watercolors.









Hugs,
Shannon

Card Details....
Stamps: "
A Year of Flowers" and "Say it with Flowers" by Gina K Designs
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versacraft White
Accessories: White EP; Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant, Summer Sun, and Pumpkin Pie reinkers;
Decorative Photo Corners by Spellbinders, Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folders

18 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Your flowers are so pretty, and i love those corners.

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Love your flowers and the verse, Shannon! Beautiful card!

Hugs~Becky

Eva said...

Ohhh.....this is soooo pretty. Love the stamps and the watercolored background is fabulous!

Captain Scrappy said...

I like this! The flowers are so pretty!

Lea L. said...

This is really very beautiful! I love those flowers...wonderfully done! Great job with the watercolor challenge!

~lea

dannisdoodles said...

oh how beautiful, love your florals!!!

Rosemary said...

this is so pretty and love the colors you chose to paint the flowers!..The sentiment is just too sweet!

Allison said...

such a pretty card and lovely sentiment
AllisonX

Becky said...

this is a pretty card, love what you did with the cb folder.

Rosanne said...

Very pretty card!

debb said...

Stunning card and water coloring! debb

Amber said...

What a lovely card Shannon! Your creations are always soooo elegant!
Hugs
Amber

KimmyS said...

I adore how you coloured the flowers. So gorgeous

laos348 said...

That is one really neat way to do a background! The card and flowers are very pretty.

cardcrazy said...

Great job, I think those flowers are just beautiful!
Peggy

xiumaiyuki said...

Your coloring is fantastic! the flowers are so pretty.

Ashley said...

This is gorgeous Shannon! I love the flowers! Can you send me some of your mojo?

Tracey said...

awesome card! i love the flowers at teh bottom!!