Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Paper Makeup Stamps DT Call

Did you see? Katie at Paper Makeup Stamps is having a Design Team call. So, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and see what happens. I'd love to get a position because I just love Katie's work...did you see the tat she has on her blog today? Cute!! And I love PMS!!!! How strange does that sound.....well, it's not if you've seen her stamps. They are FAB!!!!

The call required 3 submissions, one card featuring a quote, one with a colored image and one showing your style. These are the 3 cards I created. The first one here is the card that features a quote. I used PMS's "Art is Life" large quote and stamped it with Staz-On ink on Pearl Vellum from the Paper Temptress. The tree is from Stampin' Up's "Branch Out" set and was stamped on Retro Black Glossy cardstock from The Paper Temptress (loving these new papers....yummy) in VersaCraft White and heat embossed with Whisper White EP. I added the copper satin ribbon from Flourishes and attached the vellum using copper brads.

This is the 2nd card I made....the one that features a colored image. And I just couldn't help but use "Chelly with Clover".
Isn't she cute dancing along getting ready for St. Patrick's Day? I colored her using Prismacolor Markers and added "Angel Wings" Shimmerz to her wings, "Coffee" Shimmerz to her hair, and "Wintergreen" Shimmerz to the clover. The DSP is the new "To the Nines" speciality paper from Stampin' Up! I also used their scallop edge punch with my 1/16" handheld punch and some self-adhesive pearls to create the borders.

This is the card I created that showcases my typical style. And I say typical because I don't always do CAS cards, sometimes when the image or mood strikes I layer it on or embellish it up or just get a little "frilly" with the card. And it's good to change it up sometimes to keep your ideas and inspiration fresh.
On this card i used PMS's "Buggy Sayings" set. It's so cute and I love this quote for the butterfly. I used the new Paper Temptress paper in Retro Silver Lustre, and Glossy Black. The Glimmer papers are "Copper Ore" and "Autumn Hay". I also used Black Staz-On ink here to stamp the quote and the butterfly. For the butterfly, I stamped the image once on each color of Glimmer paper, cut them out and them offset them so you could "see the other set of wings" on it.
Happy Stampin',
Shannon





5 comments:

Donna said...

great cards! hope you get picked!

Lisa Phillippi said...

WOW-Good Luck with the entries! They look great!

Becky said...

Great cards, I am loving that tree, it is gorgeous.

Chrissy D said...

I love that tree and your other cards are beautiful too! TFS!

Ashley said...

Shannon, you are fabulous! Good luck with that! Katie was a guest on my DT for a month and she's awesome!