Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Luv Bug Weekend Tutorials

Blog Hop post is here.


It's Sunday!!!! Super Bowl Sunday too! Exciting if you're a football fan...I watch it for the commercials.

Have you been enjoying the Luv Bug weekend so far? I have a great little project for you today over at the Cuttlebug Challenges blog. It's a coupon book! It's the perfect way to say "I Love You" to your sweetie. And, because it's completly personalizable (is that even a word?) you can make it as nice or as "naughty" as you want. Go, hop over there and check it out. There are also 2 other versions of a coupon book I made there as well to get your creative mojo flowing. Then come back here to see the tutorial for the tag and mug I made for the Blog Hop.

Candy Mug


Supplies
Die-cutting machine
2" x 3" piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock
Corner Rounder
"Swiss Dot" Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
"Greatest Moments" rub-ons by Stampin' Up!
Chocolate and red Prima flowers
Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon
Heart embellishment by Joann's
"Arch Lattice" border punch by Martha Stewart
Scrap of Whisper White cardstock
Cricut and cartridge
Vintage brads
"Candle Light" Shimmerz
Cello bag
White mug
Jumbo eyelets
Crop-a-Dile


1) Start off with a straight sided white mug. They can be found just about anywhere. I've gotten them in the past from the dollar store. I believe my mom picked me up this on at Target.

2) Cut out the rub-ons you wish to use on your mug. Here I've selected various love phrases and placed them in random locations on the mug. I use blue painter's tape to hold them in place.

3) Rub them on. I use my Stampin' Up! bone folder, but a craft stick or popsicle stick works too.
4) Now that your mug is done it's time to fill it up. I find the easiest way to do this is to open up your bag, stick one hand down inside and put it into the mug all the way to the bottom. With your free hand pull down the sides that stick above the lip of the mug while your other hand is still holding it to the bottom.

5) Fill with treats! Here I've used Lindt truffles (milk chocolate, not my favorite but they're red)


6) Carefully pull up the sides of the bag and cinch the top together. Secure with a twish tie. Don't matter any kind will do...silver ones came with my bags so that's what I use....because it will be covered with the ribbon.


Oh, the mug is washable, very carefully by hand trying to avoid rubbing the rub-ons off.

Ok, let's start on the tag portion....


1) Using your Cricut and desired cartridge cut out "I Love You" on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock.
2) Using the corner rounder, round the top two corners of the Riding Hood Red cardstock. Run it thru your die-cutting machine using the "Swiss Dots" Embossing folder.
3) Use the "Arch Lattice" border punch along the bottom.
4) Punch hole and attach jumbo eyelet with the Crop-a-Dile.
5) Paint 3 chocolate and 1 red Prima flower with Candle Light Shimmerz. Allow to dry throughly and assemble with brads.
6) Adhere the flowers to the tag using glue dots.
7) Tie the ribbon around the cello bag covering up the tie wrap, slip the tag and the heart embellishment on and tie a big floppy bow.

Enjoy your day!!!!
Hugs,
Shannon

17 comments:

Stephaniescraps said...

I just checked out your coupon book tutorial and it was great! I love the mug idea also. I'm assuming the mug isn't washable with the rub ons? You do a great job with these tutorials and the details. Thanks! P.S. I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials too---but I'm afraid that they won't be very good this year. The news did a story the other day about how all the big corporations and such cut back and/or cancelled their big super bowl pre-parties this year because of the economy, and so I'm afraid they cut back on the commercaials also!

silvia said...

LOVE the coupon book!! Thanks for the awesome tutorial!! Love the candy mug also!! I love the commercials during the superbowl!!

silvia said...

LOVE the coupon book!! Thanks for the awesome tutorial!! Love the candy mug also!! I love the commercials during the superbowl!!

Trudi said...

Love your coupon book! i just might have to make one for my hubby for Valentines Day. That mug is really cute too! Great ideas!

Sunshinecoastgrl said...

Wow!! I love the mug!! I have seen the shimmerz paint at the local scrapstore but didn't know what I would do with it!! Paint flowers..of course!! Now I know and I want every color!!! hehehe..after this weekend my scrapshop lady should be giving all you girls a commission!!
Cheers Colleen

Debsg said...

What a great idea. I'd never thought of doing that. My family are looking forward to the Superbowl! They adore American Football. Sadly it doesn't begin here until midnight so I shall be in bed! Enjoy.

Karen said...

Gorgeous! I did wonder about the washing of it :)

lynnephelps said...

Great ideas and wonderful tutorials!

Lisa Phillippi said...

WOW! The coupon book tutorial is great & so is the candy mug! These are Fabulous Ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Phillippi said...

WOW! the coupon book tutorial is great & the candy mug too! These are Fabulous Ideas! Thanks so much for sharing!

La'Diva said...

Shannon, what can I say?

You are the bomb diggaty!!! I mean, seriously? You are freaking fantabulous! Ok, let's get our datebook together! WE seriously have to set some time aside to go over some stuff! LOL My Stampin' Up should be in this week! I am so excited and grateful to have you as my demonstrator! U ROCK GIRL!!!

You make me want to keep at this! EXCITED!!!

La

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Wonderful projects! Each one is just great, thanks for the ideas and directions!

mommyfink said...

I love the coupon book and your mug is really pretty! Thanks for the great ideas!!

Joanne Travis said...

What a beautifully done tutorial!! Thanks for sharing.

Becky said...

Great tutorial.. I love the colors of the coupon book, and the idea for the candy mug is so sweet :).

Donna said...

fabulous projects! tfs with us!

laos348 said...

Awesome projects!