Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hop with the Etsy Inspired Eight.....Starts Now!!!!!

It's finally time!!!!!! Time to Hop with the Etsy Inspired 8!!!! And today we're actually hopping with 10, since Ashley, our fearless leader, and Sara, our Feb Guest Designer, are going to be joining us.

First up for her challenge is Tiffany and she's going to be giving away a prize pack from Odd Bird Planet!!! She's issued a challenge to get inspiration from Etsy by searching for "Inspiration". I came across this Watercolor Print when I did my search and I knew exactly what I wanted to do for it.

I started out with a piece of White Shimmer paper from Stampin' Up! On the top I brayed Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal and So Saffron. Then I added some sponging with More Mustard around the top corners and masked off the card and sponged in the sun.

Then, without masking anything off, I brayered the bottom with Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze and Pacific Point. Adding some extra sponging of the Pacific Point and Night of Navy around the edges.

The final step was to add the streaking. On the top I used Summer Sun and on the bottom I used Brocade Blue. And all I did was took my open ink pad and swiped just the edge very lightly across the paper back and forth until I liked the look.

I added the sentiment from Inkadinkado in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and mounted the whole thing to a Basic Black card base.

Hope I've inspired you to go to Etsy and get some "Inspiration". Remember to leave a link to your project at Tiffany's blog in order to be eligible to win the prize pack before midnight PST on Tuesday, Mar. 3rd. And don't forget to stop by the other DT member's blogs and leave them some love.

See you in an hour for the next challenge!!!!

Hugs,
Shannon

Card Details.....
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Paper: Shimmer White and Basic Black by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Summer Sun, Night of Navy and Brocade Blue by Stampin' Up!; Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Brayer, 3/4" circle punch for the sun

No comments: