Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

This card is the one I'll be giving to my boyfriend today. It's based on the OCC Sketch Challenge from today. I saw the sketch and immediately thought it would make a great gatefold card...with the panel only being attached to one side and a ribbon that ties to keep it closed. I tried not to make it too feminine, so I had to avoid all my floral ideas....and went with blue, black and kraft instead of the usual pinks and reds. I couldn't resist adding flock and some Stickles though.
It ties closed with some of the new ribbon originals from Stampin' Up! It's so cool. I really didn't want to use it because I like it so much, but it was the perfect fit for this card.

Here you can see how the card opens with the panel still attached to the one side.
Hugs,
Shannon


9 comments:

Becky said...

beautiful card, I love these colors.

Lynda Benden said...

This is beautiful! The stamps you chose are awesome and the colors are fantastic! Wonderful card!

Alison Anderson said...

Cute! So what did he think?

Ashley said...

Really really beautiful Shannon! You are amazing!

Eva said...

WOW..this is gorgeous Shannon!!!

Stampin'GHmom said...

This is very pretty! I like how you made it a gate fold card. I've not done one of those in a long time. Thanks for reminding me about them!

Carol said...

very pretty card.

xiumaiyuki said...

This is so pretty!

Jennifer Talley said...

Wow, this is so pretty! I love the layout and might have to try this one!