Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

February MFT Guest Designer Challenge

This month's MFT Guest Designer Challenge was to use pink, black, white, grey and/or brown in a Wow project.

Well, I've been seeing all these cute square explosion/blooming boxes everywhere. Well, squares are kinda the norm.....so I thought of doing a pyramid shaped one. Here again....do as I say, not as I do! Since there are no templets for this sort of thing, that I could find anyway, I had to measure and cut each of the the sides and the inside mat as well. Thank goodness for math!!!

So I noodled it out and developed a prototype from printer paper creating the outside pyramid, thinking I'd do the inside one just a 1/2" smaller so it would fit just inside. Well as I was working I decided to turn the inside pyramid 45 degrees so it opened more like a flower than stacked on top of itself.

Then I decided to take a play on words using the "I'm Famous Online" tagline from MFT's "Who's that E-Girl" and created a "resume" of my stamping accomplishments so far this year. And now I have something really unique to show my customers that highlights how many wonderful opportunites I've been able to enjoy this year.


I printed off small versions of the cards I've created for my various DT work and placed them on each of the individual sides along with the name of the company or blog.

Each of the pyramid has a little cap to keep it closed. My full "resume" in on the bottom of the inside pyramid with the different requirements for each team or publication.



It was a lot of time and energy to create, especially all the math I was doing at 7am yesterday, but now that it's done I'm really happy I did it.
Hugs,
Shannon



17 comments:

Felicia said...

OMG this is genius!!! This is fantastic Shannon and it looks like a lot of work went into it.

Creations by Patti said...

Wow - this is a great way to present a resume. It would definitly give that WOW factor. Not sure if I could give this away..........looks really great! Thank you for sharing.

Jennie said...

Shannon, I love this project. This is so original and hats off to you for figuring it out yourself...I *stink* and math and avoid it wherever possible (LOL!)
Love the resume on the inside...you have had quite a year, well deserving too! Kudos to you!!!!

Project Create said...

How creative is this...you are amazing. Love this idea. Will you be sharing dimensions?
thanks,
Tammy

Debsg said...

This is just a stunning project. Beautiful

Becky said...

Wow...You are so creative..this is gorgeous.

Donna said...

oh my gosh! this is SO stinkin' FABULOUS - I LOVE it, absolutely unique & a great idea all together!! Hopefully you will add MFT Guest Designer, March to that resume!!

Linda Barutha said...

WOW! The original triangle was beautiful, standing on its own! But I love how you took it to another level (and another...:)

Meda said...

So lovely! I love the small pyramid!
Meda

Ashley said...

Holy moly Shannon! This is FANTASTIC! I can't imagine anyone making anything more amazing then this. Good luck with getting the spot, I really think this will get it for you. You're amazing!

Alfred Gallardo said...

This is just wonderful. Nice concept.

laos348 said...

Fabulous project! It looks great.

xiumaiyuki said...

How clever!!! This is the winning entry!!! wow, I can't never come up with anything remotely close to this. FABULOUS!!!

Rosie Lilya said...

Shannon, this is FABULOUS! SO you, so wownderfully creative. You inspire me :)

titisonia said...

this is so wonderful !!!!!!!!!!

buggin2stamp said...

This is incredibly cool! I love the pyramid within a pyramid. And people always say "who needs math?" Well apparently you do to create this beauty.

Jana said...

This is sooooo cool!!!!!!