Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

February MFT Ambassador Challenge #2

Created for the My Favorite Things February release Ambassador Challenge #2. The challenge put forth was masking. One of my favorite techniques of all time. I just love how the layering of images adds depth to your project. So I manged to get this idea of looking in thru a window stuck in my head. I managed to get it to turn out how I wanted it to, but I don't recommend trying this one at home!!!

First I stamped the TV from "Maid for You" inking it up with my Black Stampin' Write Marker. Masked it off and stamped the girl from "Who's the E-Girl" using my Memento Tuxedo Black dew drop to avoid getting ink on the frame. Masked her off and stamped the pot and plant from Starving Artistamps. Whew.... Took all the masks off and colored the scene with Prismacolor pencils blending with baby oil. I added white highlights to the plant and dots to her skirt, Gelly Roll pen to the plant pot, and Crystal Effects to the TV screen.


I thought it would be a cool idea to have the card front look like siding! So, I printed off the "Chocolate Kiss Stripes" in draft mode on Whisper White Cardstock. Cut strips 1-1/2" wide by 4-1/4" and folded them in half lengthwise to give me my siding. Then I layered them on top of each other spacing each 1/2" above the other to provide the overlap. I created the window frame with 1/4" strips cut to fit of Chocolate Chip CS. The awning is the "Chocolate Chip Stripes" printed in normal photo mode. Cut to fit and then edged using the Scallop Edge Border punch. The tag is one of the Nestabilities Ribbon Tag Trio.

Details
Stamps: "
Who's that E-Girl" and "Maid for You" by My Favorite Things, "Mixed Collage Images" by Starving Artistamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke
Paper: "
Chocolate Kiss" digi pack by MFT, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Gelly Roll pen, Chrystal Effects, White roller-ball pen, Prismacolor pencils and baby oil, Scallop Edge border, Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon


Hugs,
Shannon

3 comments:

Becky said...

WOW!!! I just love this, it is awesome, I love all the masking you did to create this, and the siding caught my eye right away, what an awesome card.

La'Diva said...

Argh! How cool is that? ok, that's it! You have to show me how you did this! LOL

Fantastic!

Donna said...

what a creative card! I love it