Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February MFT Ambassador Challenge #1

How cute is this little guy? Wouldn't you love to receive this on Feb. 14th from your sweetie?? I created this for the February MFT Ambassador Challenge #1. The challenge was to make a treat container with a heart theme. I was originally going to give that heart door knob hanger thing a try, but decided to try another bag-a-lope. I must be insane!!!! These things are harder than they look. At first you think....oh how cute and simple....then you realize that it's a real bugger trying to get all the creases perfectly straight so you can adhere the bottom properly and have the thing stand up and not fall over on it's face. So it took some tweaking, but I finally managed, and I have to say....I'm pretty pleased with the results.

I started out with a 6"x9" white envelope and cut off the open end. Then I scored 1" in on the sides and bottoms. Then following the tutorial for assy per the oh so talented Lori Craig on SCS found here.... Bag-a-lope ....I assembled it. I hand cut the heart and ran it thru the Big Shot with the "D'Vine Swirl" Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. I rubbed Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Fired Brick direct to paper to pop the embossing. I colored Flopsey with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil to blend....cut him out and popped him up. I added 2 layers of "Silver Bells" Shimmerz to the frosting.
Yum!!!! Enjoy!!
Hugs,
Shannon

7 comments:

xiumaiyuki said...

Oh, this is so CUTE!!! I would like one of these for myself, please! :) congrats on making SU! Stampin Success! Your work is amazing...very well-deserve!

JennK said...

So cute, you are awesome!

~*Joni said...

Shannon! How do you do such amazing work on a daily basis? This is adorable, I love this little guy. Something about critters and cupcakes work so well together. :D

Becky said...

Shannon!! This is just adorable.. I love the colors and love this bunny with his little treat.

laos348 said...

That is so cute! I like the shimmery frosting.

Stephaniescraps said...

You did a great job on this bag. And the bunny is adorable!

Donna said...

sweet treat!!